Chapter 3

here's a new chapteeeer!!! hopw you like!! vote and comment please! i want to know what you think!! :) sorry for my grammar again

and here's a pic of Colton Haynes!!! A.K.A ( on this story) Christopheeer!!

Chapter 3 Christopher [2 weeks later]

I couldn’t believe it. I only came back about a month ago and now I have to go again. It was getting harder to say ‘Goodbye’ to my family, even more now that I knew I was going to a war. No one ever knows what they’re into until they’re in front of the battlefield. I haven’t talked to Alvin ever since we received the letter, and I wanted to know how Leah took it. I never saw a pair of siblings like them. Yeah, of course I love my crazy Kelsey and we always have a lot of fun, but wow, Alvin and Leah are inseparable. Maybe because their parents worked too much….

 ‘Oh! Look that girl, she’s fineeee!’….. ‘Focus Chris Focus’…. ‘Wait hmmm would there be cute woman soldiers?’ I said to myself, raising an eyebrow.

“Hey Chris, please take care of yourself,”Kelsey said, smiling.

“Of course, you crazy girl” I said, hugging her. 

Even though we were not brother and sister by blood, it was as though she was my real sis. Nine years together is a lot of time but I could still remember her little curls -- they were like little springs ricocheting all over her little head. She used to call me “CRI-CRI”. Funny but she couldn’t say my name. Now that she is grown up, I think she would be embarrassed if I tell her that she used to call me that.

“Christopher, sweetie, you coming?” I heard my mom asked. Well, she was not really my mom, but like I said we’d lived with each other for nine years, so I got used to calling her like that and it didn’t bother her. She called me ‘son’ sometimes. Wait! ‘Have we arrived? Oh well.’ I took a deep breath and got out of the car.

“Son, I’m proud of you!” my Dad told me, giving me a man hug. That was a pretty good thing to hear! “God bless you! We love you, and you can count on us anytime you need someone,” he continued, getting uncomfortable as I could see, because he was trying not to cry. I love my Dad. He is my strength and he is an example for me. 

A few minutes later, I saw Alvin arriving with his family. He didn’t look good, and I could tell he was dealing with the pain.

“Hey, man,” he said, greeting me and then my family. I saw Leah. She was red. I knew she had been crying. She wrapped her hands under the sleeves of her sweater. ‘Hmmm maybe I can get her good mood out.’

“Hey you, kindergarten girl,” I said, approaching her, “we’ll be back soon, so we can take you to the playground.” I grinned. She just nodded. Did she catch what I just said? She was supposed to get mad and bother me about me being a silly guy. I could tell she was in pain.

A few minutes later we started saying goodbye -- it was time for us to go to our gate.

“Please, Leah, please don’t…” I heard Alvin said when he started crying. Even though he is a man, he could be so sensible when he is with Leah. Okay I think I sounded girly, didn’t I? I hugged Leah after Alvin did. She started crying on my chest, and I started caressing her hair. Poor Leah…. When she pulled away I approached Kelsey.

“Kelsey, take care of Leah, she’s not looking good right now and she needs you. We’ll be back soon,” I said, kissing her forehead and when she nodded, I walked away. After passing the gate, I turned to say the last ‘Goodbye’ and saw Leah with her face in her hands. My eyes widened. I was starting to get worried. She was like a little sister to me, yeah yeah, I tease her, she teases me, but hey, it’s like in a friendly way. I knew she would be okay with Kelsey as I knew she knew how to cheer Leah up. We got into the plane. The flight felt so long, and I couldn’t stop thinking of what a war is like. Yeah, we were already prepared for all of those things, but it isn’t the same like being exactly in one, you know. I could understand that for what the letter said, it was an emergency. I needed to concentrate; God knows why he makes things happen, right?

“I broke her heart,” Alvin said suddenly, making me stop my thoughts.

“What?”

“We don’t know when we’re going back, Christopher. Every time I have to take this stupid plane, my heart aches! I don’t want to leave her alone, I know I’m being protective and stuff, but technically… She said that whenever she’s alone, I’m her only friend Christopher… She, she, aaaaaah! Man! I hate this!” Alvin said madly. Like really? I never knew that from Leah. That was probably why she loves her big brother so much. Alvin supports her and protects her like a friend and like a brother; I know she has friends, but maybe they aren’t like Alvin, or like Kelsey.

“Be strong, we’ll be fine, dude.” I tried to calm him down. “I talked to Kelsey before I left and told her to support Leah. She’ll be fine. Remember that we need to concentrate Alvin. This time isn’t like those times before.” 

I could see he was stressed out even though he didn’t see it. I was worried about Leah too. I remembered when she was little and we had to go on a mission, she would start crying until she fell asleep. By the time I finished remembering my childhood, we had arrived. When we got out of the plane with our bags, I could see troops training, getting into formation; 

“Brenner! Hoffman!” General Arthur said with a salute.

“Yes, Sir!” we both said at the same time, returning the salute.

“I hope you came prepared. We have called you because we are currently in danger. You don’t know what’s going out there and all the things you did before were just little kids’ games. One day you’re in, the next you can be out! We fight for something, gentlemen! We fight for our country! Our honor! Be proud of yourself! If you die out there, die happy because you’re dying for your country! That’s all!” General Arthur said with a serious yet proud face.

‘One day you’re in, the next one you can be out’. So true, and yes we were in war, and nothing was going to stop it. Every soldier in here represents a family member; a single strength. Every soldier knows that they are leaving their families behind. Now you can understand why it was so hard to say ‘goodbye’ to my family -- I could die in a matter of seconds out there! 

I sighed and nodded.

“God, we’re in your hands” I said faithfully, and started walking.

“Hey man, you never told me how Andrea reacted,” Andrea had been Alvin’s girlfriend for 3 weeks. They seemed to like each other, but I personally feel she is just a selfish chick! I admit I hook up with a lot of girls, but I think Alvin should have found someone better than her.

“All you need to know, Chris, is that, I’m single now,” Alvin said with a sigh. Oh man! Come on, every man deserves love; in the hardest part of his life, his girlfriend ran away? That’s totally rude. See why I didn’t like her? She was not worth it!

“I’m sorry, but I think it’s better that way.You will find someone better than her. Her nose is huge, dude! I thought she was going to inhale me when she was near me!”I laughed, only to find Alvin grinning a little bit.

“Come on hush puppy, do it for her. God knows why she does things,” I said, squeezing his shoulder with my hand, and then putting my bag on my bed. He just nodded. He knew I was talking about Leah, but things were going to be all right. It’s just a war, right? Haha.