Chapter Eight

I owe this to you guys. I'm really, really, really sorry for the long wait. I'm a freshman in high school, and I'm taking all advanced classes and I'm in like three academic clubs, so things get pretty hectic.

Follow my blog for updates and lovely little blurbs about my everyday life:

http://thinkthis-notthat.tumblr.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

          Christmas flew by, but I had yet to find a dress that was the dress.

          “Sam?” his mother came in our bedroom. Eli was off fishing somewhere and I was typing up more of my novel.

          “Yeah?” I smiled, and saved the draft.

          “I was thinking about the wedding, and I had an idea,” she smiled, “Why do we keep looking for a dress, when you can just wear mine?” she asked.

---

          I looked at my reflection with tear-brimmed eyes. It was beautiful. Her dress was the dress. It fit perfectly, and was gorgeous.

          “It’s perfect,” I smile.

          “It is. It’s the dress. I see it in your eyes,” she smiled and hugged me.

          “Thank you so much, for everything,” I smiled.

          “It’s no problem, Sam. How many times does your only son get married?” she asked, and my heart sunk a tad.

I felt bad for what Eli and I were doing. We were lying to all of his wonderful family, and then we were going to never be able to see each other again, because really, what couple stays friends after a divorce?

I carefully took off the dress, hanging it back up in its garment bag.

“I called your parents, they’re flying in the day before the wedding,” Eli’s mom said enthusiastically. Oh, great.

“Great!” I faked a smile.

I headed back up to our room, and paced. It was so stressful. I hated the fact that we had to lie to Eli’s parents, and that they were more parents to me than my real ones.

I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind me, and instantly knew it was Eli. He spun me around and planted a heart-throbbing kiss on my lips. It was so passionate that it made me go weak in the knees, and I forgot why I was even worried in the first place.

“Now would you like to tell me what you were so worried about that made you pace?” he asked. I shook my head and kissed him.

          Maybe, just maybe, things will be alright.