Chapter Seven

sorry for the long wait.

Chapter Seven

          I woke in the morning, and my head pounded. Oh, dear, what did we do last night? I lay, using Eli’s arm as a pillow, as it was wrapped around me.

          “Morning, gorgeous,” Eli said softly, groaning at his pounding head.

          “Here’s the aspirin,” I handed him the bottle.

          “Happy Birthday, babe,” he said.

          “Happy Birthday, Eli,” I replied.

          “Since I’m the birthday boy and all, that means you have to do everything I ask,” he smirked.

          “Ugh, what do you want?”

          “A kiss,” he smirked. I rolled my eyes and leaned in like I was going to kiss him. Then I quickly pecked his cheek and hopped out of the bed, going to take a shower. I laughed when I heard him groan in anger.

---

          “Happy Birthday, guys!” His mom cheered happily. I was sitting in Eli’s lap, facing him as he nibbled all over my face, covering it with kisses, probably to play up the ‘couple’ part.

          “Thanks,” Eli smiled, then continued to kiss my face.

          “Eli,” I giggled, “Stop!”

          “Nope,” he continued.

          “Hey guys, presents!” his mother walked back in, carrying presents. Eli pulled away long enough for me to hop off his lap and sit beside him.

          “Here, this one’s for you, Sam,” she handed me one.

          “Oh, you didn’t have to get me anything,” I said.

          “I wanted to!” she smiled.

          “Thanks,” I smiled as I opened it. She’d gotten me some really nice clothes and expensive perfume. It felt like I actually had a mom, who bought me things that she thought I would like versus my real mom who just handed me her credit card and told me to go shopping.

          Eli had gotten some clothes and an iTunes gift card. I thanked his parents again, having a feeling that this was going to be the best birthday I’d had.

          “I want to take you out later,” Eli smiled, “For our birthdays.”

          “Okay…Where are we going?” I asked.

          “It’s a surprise, just wear the sexiest dress you own,” he smiled.

          “Eli,” I laughed, and he kissed me on the cheek.

---

          I pinned up the last piece of hair, smiling at my reflection. I actually felt pretty today. We’d spent the rest of the afternoon planning our wedding, which was actually pretty fun with Eli’s mom. We were almost completely finished planning it; the only thing left was the dress.

          I smiled at my reflection. I was wearing a tight black dress that hugged my curves. It was strapless and it barely came to mid-thigh. I grabbed a black beaded necklace and put it on. I found my heels, and slid them on.

          “You look gorgeous,” Eli breathed. He was wearing a black button down t-shirt and black dress pants. He had a white tie hanging around his neck like a scarf.

          “Do you need me to tie your tie?” I asked, smiling. He smirked and nodded. He’d never been able to tie ties. I, however was a pro, and I’ve never even worn one. My dad had taught me when I was little.

          “Thanks,” he smiled, and grabbed my hand. We went downstairs and he even opened the door for me.

          “Where are we going, Eli?” I laughed, completely lost in his small hometown.

          “It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you,” he said.

          “Ugh! Fine!” I sighed. He pulled into what looked like a park.

          “What are we doing at a playground?”

          “You’ll see,” he smiled, and led me to a candlelit picnic table.

          He’d prepared a candlelit dinner in the park, consisting of cheerios. Yes, cheerios for dinner, it was what Eli always made me when I didn’t feel like going to the cafeteria to eat. He’d always bring cheerios back for me. It was so thoughtful.

          When we finished, we got back in his car, and he drove me to a small diner. We shared a chocolate milkshake. Then he drove me to the harbor, and we got on a small boat, and watched the stars.

          “Who knew you were such a romantic, Eli,” I smiled.

          “I take it you liked it?”

          “I loved it,” I smiled.

          “You know how I’m the birthday boy, and you have to do whatever I want?” he asked.

          “Yeah,” I smile, questioningly.

          “I want you to kiss me, on the lips, this time,” he smirked, and I rolled my eyes. I kissed him softly on the lips, and pulled away quickly to tease him.

          “Again,” he said, his voice weak. I laughed and kissed him again, but he made sure that I couldn’t pull away this time.