The Unbiological Sisters

A/N This prologue is dedicated to lizzierawrz for her amazing hard work on the cover she made me along the side. It's beautiful and was my second choice for the cover. Give her a look if you get the chance and feel free to ask her for a cover. :D Thanks hun,

re·birth (r-bûrth, rbûrth)

n. 1. A second or new birth; reincarnation.

  Firstly, there is a huge debate on the topic of rebirth and reincarnation. Some believe in it while others do not. It really depends on your religious views. So, I'm going to tell you right now that this topic will be addressed in the story and if it is something you are uncomfortable with or you just can't accept, I urge you to find a different story that you can actually enjoy reading. Don't get me wrong, If you want to read the story, but still don't agree with everything in it, then go right ahead.

  I just don't want a bunch of people bashing me or being rude in the comments. If you don't agree, there are plenty of kind ways to say it or you can say nothing at all.

  Secondly, I don't write a lot of religion-based stories, so this is pretty much a first for me (aside from a fanfiction for Supernatural). So, if I make a few mistakes here and there, I don't mind you mentioning them to me in a constructive way. 

  Now, here is my prologue of sorts. It is a viewpoint inside Molly's head, meaning that this is what she is thinking at some point during the story.

----------

Prologue

  Is reincarnation real? Do we all go to bed as one person and wake up the next day as someone else? It's difficult to believe, even for me. It requires the belief that a soul can live on in more than one body; switching to a new one each time their old body passes away. If reincarnation is real, how can we know? Why can't people remember everything about their past life?

  But maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong. Maybe no one wants to remember the past. After all, we live in a time when people want to live for the now and let the past lie. Maybe everyone suppresses their memories of a life before now without even meaning to; like a subconscious nature.

  Sometimes I can't help wondering--if my past self existed--if just like now, she wished for a chance to start over. I would give anything for a second chance to be happy, really happy. So perhaps I'm failing my past self by following the same unhappy path as before or perhaps I was happy in the past and now have to discover the harsh side of life.

  I keep remembering things...things I've never seen before--things that don't make sense...things that feel familiar. It scares me. Does it mean something?

  Past, Present, Future. They're all just words...but put them together and they make up a lifetime.