Unreasonably Insecure

Disclaimer:  Nothing but purely product of my imagination..... in simple words, this is just fiction!   I don't know any of the characters.  Though I really wish I know Meng and RJ!   😀

Please forgive the typos and grammatical errors.  Haven't proofread the chapter!

***

"What's the commotion all about?" you can't help but ask as you witness in askance as most guests clamouring somewhere near the entrance.

It's Sir Tony's birthday bash. The Tuviera's decided to hold a dinner and invited almost everyone in the industry starting off but not limited to the talents under their wing, or to the artists, past or present, who graced in an APT/TAPE's production. The staff and crew are included as well. APT/TAPE management is gracious like that.

Having had the honour of once working with the Direk Mike, you're one of those that received an invite. Upon arriving at the venue, you can't help but feel pretty special. Imagine being in the presence of APT/TAPE's premiere talents! Also just being in the vicinity of THE Marian Rivera leaves you in awe, even though you've worked with her before, what more when you add in fact that the legendary TVJ will be around later on, as well as the famous comedic trio that is JoWaPao. Talk about being in the presence of Television royalties.

And if those were not enough to make this a prestigious event, having the Bigwigs of your mother network who are in full attendance, what with APT and GMA having close ties in the business for several years, will surely cut it.

And being invited in such an import event, you can't help but feel pretty damn significant!

Which is why you are left flabbergasted when the prominent guests of the Tuviera's suddenly seem forget themselves and started flocking towards the entrance.

"Has the Queen of England surprisingly graced the venue with her presence?" you can't help but ask aloud, craning your neck discreetly to check on who arrived.

"Hindi si Queen Elizabeth ang dumating, ano ka ba!" replied Barbie nonchalantly.

"Di ka man lang curious kung sino ang pinagkakaguluhan ng mga tao? Mukhang napaka-importante ah. Kahit mga prominenteng guest, nakikigulo."

Barbie only gave you an incredulous look. "Saang planeta ka ba galing na di mo alam na pag ganyang nagkakagulo ang mga tao sa isang venue, eh iisa lang ang ibig sabihin."

"Na ano nga?"

"Ibig lang sabihin niyan ay dumating na si Maine!"

You can't help but scoff upon hearing who it is that these people are going crazy over. "Si Maine lang pala, kala ko kung sino!"

"Aba aba aba. Kung maka "si Maine lang pala" ikaw, akala mo naman magkalevel kayo na minamaliit mo 'yong drawing power ni Menggay ah. Paalala lang Louise, tanging si Maine lang ang may kakayahang humatak ng ganyang reaksyon mula sa mga tao. And take note, di lang basta mga ordinaryong tao ang kayang hatakin ng charm ni Maine ha, businessmen and elite are not immune to the phenomenon that is Maine Mendoza."

"Alam mo ikaw, Barbie, di ko alam kung kaibigan ba kita o ano. Makalait ka naman!" inis na pakli mo dito.

"Kaibigan mo ako, kaya nga sinasabi ko lang kung anong totoo." Balik nito.

"Ngayon lang 'yan. Kasi nga bago lang yang si Maine sa showbiz. Give it a couple more months, pagsasawaan din 'yan ng mga tao."

"What?" you defensively ask Barbie when she only stared at you incredulously.