Subtly Territorial

Disclaimer:  Nothing but a product of pure imagination.

*****

It was another technical rehearsal day for the cast of Sunday Pinasaya. Almost everyone is present with the exception of Miss Ai and Marian. Miss Ai has a concert aboard, thus will be absent this Sunday. Marian is still not back, having opted to extend her maternity leave.

The usual members are present though. You, Val, Julie, Barbie, Kuya Wally, Kuya Jose, Kuya Joey, and of course, the pambansang Bae, Alden.

Though Alden, last you heard, was only still on his way.

Which is totally understandable. The guy has commitments left and right. How he manages to go to every single one, you don't know. All you know is that the Alden needs to slow-down.

"Paps, everything is a blessing, nakakahiyang tanggihan." Was his reply when you told him to take it easy.

"OO nga, pero nawawalan ka na ng time sa family mo." You remember rebutting.

"Di naman. I make sure that I still have time for them despite my hectic schedule. And they understand naman." He said.

"Eh paano ang time mo kay Maine."

"Kay Meng pa ba ako mawawalan ng panahon paps? Syempre, hindi. Pero if there's one person who understands how busy I am, si Meng yon. She gets it kasi ganoon din siya. At saka paps, alam naman ni Meng, na para sa amin 'tong ginagawa ko eh."

"Wow papi ha. Ganoong level na talaga kayo ha. Pang-future niyo na talaga ha." Tukso mo dito.

"Syempre naman. Saan pa ba papupunta 'to kundi doon. Road to forever kaya kami!"

"Wala pa ba si Alden?" rinig mong tanong ni Julie.

Nagkatinginan kayo ni Val.

"Alam mo naman 'yon, si Mr. Busy. Baka may TVC shoot, or kung ano mang commitment 'yon. Pero for sure hahabol 'yon dito." Sagot ni Barbie.

"Walang shoot 'yon. 'Yong better half niya meron. Hinatid niya malapit dito. Alam niyo naman si Tisoy. Double P pagdating kay Menggay. Protective na, possessive pa." Pahayag ni Kuya Jose na may diin sa "Better-half".

Hhhhmm.. Looks like Kuya Jose also noticed what you and Val have noticed these last few weeks.

But of course, this is Jose Manalo. Behind the great wit is a keen observant mind. And when a situation could potentially affect someone he views as his princess, expect for subtle digs to be thrown left, right and center. Digs that will always perfectly hit the target.

In this instance, one of your cast-mate named Julie Anne.

Julie, for some reason, has been attentive towards Alden. She said that she's trying to mend fences and is trying to salvage whatever's left of their past friendship.

In principle, it's totally fine. In your personal opinion, it's time to bury the hatchet anyways. Alden has totally moved on from whatever has happened in the past. For how could he not, he's got a phenomenal career, blessings in the guise of endorsements, concerts, print and commercial ads coming in left and right, his family is doing well, with his sister having already graduated  and lastly, he's got himself one heck of an amazing girl. So if Julie's want of re-establishing her friendship with Alden is a way for her to totally move on too, why not right? You're all for everyone getting along.