the disastrous deal

a.n. but, i'd also like to thank you all for the support. it will never cease to amaze me how much you guys like this story! like, serIOUSLY. THANK. YOU. YES, YOU!!

I came to minutes later. Yes, minutes.

            I didn't know how that was possible considering the chloroform had me unconscious in seconds, but I came to minutes later. Which sucked, to be honest. But I still couldn't get away because I was already in the car, my hands and legs tied together and a cloth around my mouth.

            The first thing I did after I registered that I was bound and practically immobile was look out the window. We were a block away from the store and I could see Arthur running after us. At this point, his face was indistinguishable but I could picture the frustration and fury that was probably carved into it. My hands clenched into fists, the edges of my nails biting into the palms of my hands as I tried to control my breaths. Gulping down the tightness in my throat, I faced forward, barely registering the leather interior of the two rows of seats in front of me.

            Wow, they didn't even bother to make sure there was someone here making sure I wouldn't escape. There were three other guys in the car aside from me. Two were seated in the two front seats and the other was right behind them. All three were pretty massive in size and dressed all in black. The only difference was the one sitting close to me. He was in a suit.

            I could feel my brows dip down in frustration as I sent glares towards the guy sitting in front of me. I was assuming that he had been the one who'd shoved that towel in my face, considering he was the closest to me. The urge to try to break out of my bindings and throttle him was strong, but I knew that doing another stupid thing wouldn't help the situation.

            So, with gritted teeth, my gaze returned to the back window, desperately glued to Arthur's diminishing form. And then the car was rounding a corner and we lost sight of him.

            With a groan, I turned back around, slumping back on the seat as I leaned my head back to stare up at the ceiling of the car.

            "I don't know why I ever fucking thought Lee would keep his damn word," I grumbled to myself.

            "I don't either," responded the gruff voice, a condescending tone lining his words. "Honestly, I didn't expect you to agree so quickly. I thought you were smarter than that idiot of a prince. Turns out, I was wrong."

            I felt my brows dip deeper and a frown pull my lips downward. That voice—it sounded familiar. Raising my head up, I met the familiar dark gaze of the suit. One of the suits who was at the house.

            "You!" I exclaimed, shocked. "Are you fucking serious?"

            He turned away from me, scoffing. "Yeah. I'm fucking serious."

            "You stepped on my hand, you ass."

            "And if you didn't catch it the first time, I sent my apologies."

            "They were bullshit."

            "You're bullshit, but here I am wasting precious fucking time and giving up my position in the royal courts to get your idiotic and useless ass to Lee." He shot a glare in my direction before turning back to the front of the van and leaning in between the seats. Reaching an arm out, he snatched a drink from the cup holders and then sat back in his seat.

            "I should've known you couldn't be trusted. But I was trying to be smart and not fucking paranoid about every little thing, but look at us now," I continued to grumble to myself, feeling the growl ready to rip through my throat. My hands were clenched tight behind me, making the ropes pull tighter around my wrists and boiling my blood.