the disastrous instruction

a.n. i am still completely shocked with the reception! i really never thought i'd ever get this much support (i mean, holy cow, over 28k reads and over 1.4k votes?? HOLY WOW!!). ily all!

Two days later and I was feeling incredibly annoyed. I mean, one would think that I would be dreading the message but I was tired of all this waiting. Of all this monitoring. Of all the nothing. At least with Lee's instructions, I'd be able to actually do something. Something more than what all these suits were doing.

"I didn't have my parents stock up Kaia's kitchen for you bozos to fucking free load!" I heard Aiko's voice shout from the kitchen. "You should have a decent salary—decent enough to buy your own damn food, so get the fuck out, grab a phone, and order yourself some damn food. And if you're tired of ordering, then hire a damn chef for you all because, fuck. We aren't a damn hotel!"

So, obviously, the stress of everything wasn't just affecting me.

I slowly approached the kitchen entrance, a slightly amused smile on my lips as I watched three, large men in suits exit the kitchen with expressions of annoyance and shame marking their faces.

I slip passed them, stepping towards where Aiko was, rummaging in the cupboards on her tiptoes.

"That was something," I commented as I leaned on the counter beside her.

She glanced at me, briefly, before returning to stretch up, over her head, for whatever food she was planning on eating. "Can you expect otherwise? Because, damn, what the heck is with these large men! Remind me to call my parents to have some people restock the kitchen."

"Will do," I respond.

There was some crinkling which I assumed meant that she had gotten what she was looking for before she fell back down to her the bottom of her feet. She shut the cabinet door closed and then turned to me, a triumphant smile on her lips as she grabbed one of the bags of chips in her hand and passed it over to me.

I smiled at the bag of Clover Chips before hopping up onto the counter. She copied me before we both ripped open the chips at the top. After that, we remained silent as we popped chips into our mouths and watch the suits walk passed the kitchen door. Whenever one of them was about to come in, Aiko would send them a chilling glare that would make them retract their steps. All of them would leave with expressions of annoyance on their face. That was the most amusing part considering how small in comparison my best friend was.

"You know," I began to tell her as I popped another chip in my mouth. "I could pay you back for all the food they've eaten."

"No, don't do that."

"Or, I could make Arthur pay for it since he's the one who brought this shit storm."

Aiko grinned at that, bumping shoulders with me. "I approve."

"Thank you."

"God, we haven't had many moments like these, have we?" Aiko ran a hand through her hair, causing a finger to get stuck in the tangles. She wrinkled her nose, pulling her finger out one by one as she muttered, "I haven't showered in a few days, either."

I grimaced. "Why not?"

"I don't know. I guess I got super annoyed. I feel so freaking useless right now. And a bit inferior to them, which isn't right. We're capable young ladies, too."

"We are, but we tried to help and we couldn't seem to get anything they had."

"Yeah, I know." She was silent for a beat. "I'm sorry about that."

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't help either. I'm the only one of your friends who hasn't helped in some way and I feel really shitty because I should be the one who's helping you the most. I AM YOUR BESTEST FRIEND GODDAMMIT."