Chapter Five -- Royal Familia

Ava Beckham

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"Something that should've been done a long time ago Babygirl." KJ answered.

I looked at the mailbox as we slowly road by and saw the words "LANDRY RESIDENCE". That last name sounded so familiar. I tried to ask them who's house was this but nobody replied to me. We parked down the street in the woods but the house was still in plain sight.

"Kaine's who's house is this?" I asked him.

"Ava! Just shut up. It doesn't matter who's house it is. We get in here, kill that nigga and get out!" Pharaoh yelled at me.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. All of a sudden. Kaine turned and looked at me.

"Pooh. Get in the driver's seat. Stay in the car and keep it running as soon as we get in the car, GO!" Kaine said to me.

I nodded my head and did exactly what my cousin said. I watched closely and waited patiently. They started to take too long. Something was wrong! I could feel it and my brother was hurt. I knew it. I kept the car running but got out and ran to the house. I quietly went inside and I could hear a lot of movement upstairs. I saw a dead body on the ground...a woman. I picked the gun up off the floor and went upstairs. Slowly. Quietly.

The closer I got to the noise I could hear everything. I opened the door and saw my brother on the floor...and a man was pointing his gun at him.

"This is for your punk ass daddy. Sending his kids..to do his dirty work..and when I finish up with you. I'll pay a visit to him..and your fine ass mother. Might even say hello to Pooh. She's all grown up now, right?" I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I fired the gun three times off into his back and watched him drop to the floor. I looked at Pharaoh and saw he was about to get up. I ran to his side and helped him.

"Thanks baby sis." He said.

"Where's KJ and Kaine?" I asked.

"They're getting the other guys." He groaned.

He looked down at the guy and kicked him, hard as hell. He even spit on the dead body. KJ and Kaine went walking past the door, they gave us a nod on the way out.

"Come on, let's go." He said.

We left the house and ran back to the car. I was still kinda stunned..I killed another person but for some reason. I just felt different. It was my usual depressed feeling. I ...I guess you could say that...I kinda like the feeling. The feeling of knowing that I had just killed somebody.

"Pooh, pull up in here." Pharaoh told me.

I pulled into the empty parking lot and looked at the building sign. "ACE'S TATTOO PARLOR.".

"What are we doing here?" I asked them.

"Well, you know how we all have these tattoos right? Y'know..Kaine has the black crown, KJ has the black crown and I do too...well you can now have your black crown baby sis." Pharaoh said.

"Are you serious?! I can get a black crown!" I was beyond excited.

Daddy, Uncle Kav, Aunt Ty, and Mama all have black crowns too. I'm the only one without one. Daddy said I had to wait to get a black crown. I guess this is what I had to do. We walked into the tattoo parlor and I noticed Ace standing next to an empty chair. Ace was my dads friend, he used to babysit all of us and give us fake tattoos with sharpie when we were little.

"Wassup Little Bit!" He greeted me. "I guess it's finally time for your black crown?" He smirked.

"Final-fucking-ly!" I plopped down in the chair.

"Where you want it at Babygirl?" He asked.

"Hmm? Right here." I pointed to the spot under my eye.

"On your face?" He asked.

I nodded my head with a smile. He shrugged and started getting the materials ready. Everybody else had black crowns on their arms, neck, or stomach. I wanted mine where everybody could see it, so when they seen me they knew not to fuck with me!  I got a small black crown  under my eye and I was happy about it.

The next morning when I walked into the kitchen for breakfast, Daddy was shocked.

"P-pooh. You got it on your face?" He questioned.

"Yeah!" I smiled.

He laughed and kissed my forehead. Mommy just stood there with pain written all over her face. I could care less what the hell she thinks.

"You're happy about this Odell?! I wasn't even proud of Pharaoh when he got his! I am pissed that you let her get her's!!" She yelled.

"Kehlani! She's just a Beckham. It was bound to happen sooner or later." Daddy replied.

"I don't give a damn! You want then to be like us? Looking over our shoulders, ducking & dodging police twenty for seven?!" She yelled louder.

"You have one too! I don't see what the big deal is!" I rolled my eyes.

"The big deal is, this crown represents some serious and dangerous shit! You have no idea what I've seen and done to get it! Odell you and Kav said that you wouldn't let this Royal Familia shit go on anymore!!"

"What are we suppose to do Kehlani? These kids are their own person! I can't control that!" He retorted.

"Fine!! I won't say anything..it's y'all life. Live it the way you want! I'm done arguing over this shit...but Ava..Pharaoh, I'm telling you that shit is nothing to be proud of." Mommy stormed out of the kitchen.

"It's not our fault we just Seeds from hustlers.." Pharaoh smirked and we did the Royal Familia handshake.