23

Stiles sat on the ground holding Lydia. he stroked her curly, strawberry blonde hair and rocked her, repeating the words,"you're gonna be okay." Lydia held her wound with her green eyes staring up at Stiles' brown eyes.

Lydia finally was able to say something, she said it oh so softly,"Stiles. I'm sorry I ignored you all of those years. I wish I could go back and change everything I did to you. but when you got together with Malia, I actually started to have feelings for you. I wish I had confessed sooner. but since I didn't, I'll confess now. I love you Stiles Stilinski."

Stiles cried harder and tried not to scream in Lydia's face,"Lydia, you can't go now. you can't go! you have so much ahead of you. you're supposed to go to college and make up a new math equation and receive that smart person award. you're supposed to live longer."

a tear fell from Lydia's cheek,"my time has come, Stiles. now go graduate from high school, go to college, get a good job, marry a beautiful girl, and grow stronger than you've ever been before. now tell me, what's your favorite word again, and what does it mean to you?"

Stiles said with his eyes puffy and tears streaming down his face,"you taught me a while ago what aesthetic meant. it means concerning beauty. or in a simpler version; of or relating to art or beauty. it's my favorite word because it reminds me of you. you're my aesthetic, Lydia Martin. I love you."

"the smart person award is a fields medal." Lydia smiled softly as her eyes dragged to the back of her head as they closed and her arm dropped to the ground. Stiles held Lydia's dead body closer and rocked her back and forth as he screamed loudly so everyone was startled. everyone ran over to Stiles and knew exactly what had happened. Scott took Lydia's body out of Stiles' arms and set her on the ground. Allison started to cry as she wrapped her arms around Stiles' neck and gave him a warm hug. everyone stood around Stiles and Allison, mourning Lydia's death.

they stayed put in their hug and didn't move for the longest time, crying into each others shoulders. until Allison let go and kissed Stiles on the head for comfort and sat next to him.