Seventeen

A/N: Alex Pettyfer is cast as Cole! :) ----->

XVII: T.N.T

AFTER SPENDING a few hours with Hannah at the hair salon dying her hair and even letting her convince me to get my own hair styled, I made it back to the penthouse. 

The doors of the elevator swung open, and I escaped one terror only to encounter another: Simone. "There you are! Where have you been all day?"

"Exploring the city," was my simple response as I stepped further in the foyer alongside my sister. "Great, well hurry along. We have just enough time to make it to our reservation."

"What?" I asked in a puzzled tone.

"For dinner. Have you forgotten already?" It was then that I remembered and my hand came up instinctively to smack against my forehead. 

"I completely forgot about that!" I was so not in the mood to go out, much less with Simone, Max, and the cocky idiot that is Cole Richmond. 

"It's a good thing you just came from the salon. Go change! Max and I'll meet you down here."

Sensing that I had no choice in whether I was attending this dinner or not, I sighed and nodded. "Wait, don't forget your package."

I looked over at Simone and noticed for the first time since I entered, the giant cardboard box beside her. Curious, I walked over and eyed the label. With a smile on my face, I took the box and climbed up the grand staircase.

Once I reached the top of the stairs, I placed the package down and got behind it to push it forward on the smooth hardwood. "What's in there?"

My back straightened at the sound of his voice, and I looked over to see Max in front of his opened bedroom door. He stood leaning against the door jam and wore a pair of charcoal colored slacks and a white button-down. Max tugged on his undone tie as he eyed the package with interest.

Still having not forgiven him for taking my Nutella sandwich this morning, I smirked nefariously and shrugged. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Max raised an eyebrow at my tone. "Perhaps it's a gift from your owner?"

The slight playfulness in my face disappeared as quickly as it appeared as I took in his words. "No one owns me."

A mocking grin suddenly curved on Max's lips. "I thought you were married?" He paused to let me respond, but when I simply glared, he continued.

"In your case, I suppose it constitutes as the same thing. He bought you off, therefor you belong to him." 

With fury blinding my judgment, I strutted up to him and swung my arm back to slap him. His hand shot out and caught mine as he glared heatedly down at me. "Never think about doing that again."

"Or what?" I challenged, raising my chin up to show my defiance. 

Max opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by Simone's sing-song voice downstairs. "Maxton! Eleanor! Hurry, it's nearly eight o'clock!" 

I snapped my hand back and turned on my heels to strut away clutching my giant box to my chest. Once I was safely inside my room, I willed my racing heart to slow down as I took a seat on the bed to open the package.

Ripping open the flaps, I stuck my hand inside and took out two garment bags and a small piece of stationary. 

Elle, 
Here is the gown you requested for your young friend, and another one for you. This wasn't easy to obtain. Let's just say you owe a favor or two to our friends in fashion. Best of luck.
Your amazing assistant,
Caterina De Luca