24 - Parent Adjustment

(homaaayghad.. hindi ko na matuloy ung story.. haha.. i hope this would suffice.. i promise to make it better to anyone who's reading this :))

“Yes… thank you. I want it as soon as possible. No. No, it’s fine. Just send it through mail. Yes…”

She looked up upon hearing her door open and she gripped the phone tighter.

“Can… I call… uhm… you back?”

Her dad looked pissed.

“Thank you” she said and ended the phone call. She stood up and greeted her father with a kiss. “Daddy…” she mumbled and Lloydie entered the room looking… mmm… not his usual proud self. She eyed him and he looked hesitant. She knew he told him the news.

“We’re having lunch with your mother” Christopher Tua announced.

“It’s 8…” she said confused. Sarah turns her gaze back to Lloydie and she too felt nervous. Her dad’s calling her mom for backup and that’s never really good.

“Then we’ll have breakfast!” says her dad again. Sarah and John Lloyd stiffened and they both knew it was better not to speak.

“I’ll go get my bag” she murmured and went back to her to table. She clutched her bag and went out with the two men dear to her.

The elevator door opened and the three walked out, Lloydie and Sarah side by side each other. The ride down was awkward… really really awkward. They kept glancing at each other wanting to speak but the presence of Mr. Tua was preventing them. He can’t even rub her hand with his fingers like what he did this morning up to her office.

“Where do you think you’re going young lady?” a stern voice stopped Sarah on her tracks.

YOUNG LADY? DAD? SERIOUSLY?!

“You’re driving with me” adds her dad. She looks at John Lloyd and he nods. She heaved a sigh and walked towards her father. Sarah rolled her eyes at him and upon reaching his car, she climbed up without a word.

It was quiet… dead quiet and she didn’t know what to say. Her dad looks serious like he’s thinking about something.

Since they weren’t speaking, she decided to send Lloydie a message. She knew her father was watching.

To Mr. Annoyingly-demanding-boyfriend:

I told you to wear a bullet proof vest :) please tell me you’re joining us? I don’t know what to tell them

After awhile, her phone beeped.

From Mr. Annoyingly-demanding-boyfriend:

I’m right behind you. Don’t worry… we’ll tell them the truth.

She replies and then right after, another message came.