21 - His Truth

“Let’s go?”

She rolled her eyes at him making him laugh. He was standing with his head leaning to her, keeping the car’s door open to her side.

“As much as I would love to stay here all day with you… we have to talk and we can’t do it here. Let’s go” he said and took her hand in his. He laced his fingers in between his and gently pulled her out the car. “Who knew my girlfriend would be this stubborn?” he chuckled.

Sarah’s heart literally skipped a beat.

GIRLFRIEND… I’M HIS GIRLFRIEND. THIS WOULD TAKE AWHILE TO GET USED TO. – she spoke with herself

Holding hand in hand, they stood silently next to each other. The elevator just seemed slower now that they were in it. He steals a glimpse of her face and he smiles.

She knew he looked.

Staring ahead, Lloydie drew circles on her hand with his thumb. Each touch lingers, sending shivers down her spine.

Her knees could hardly keep her standing.

He stole another glimpse of her and this time, she looked back at him. Shyly, they both looked away.

OK, THIS WOULD DEFINITELY TAKE AWHILE TO GET USED TO – she thought.

When the elevator doors flung open, Lloydie stepped out still dragging Sarah behind him. He was about to open his door when Sarah pulled her hand away.