4: Sydney

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Dear Connor,

      California really isn't that interesting, unless you count the fact that I once bumped into Jennifer Aniston in a coffee shop when I was visiting cousins in Los Angeles. Unless you live there, there isn't that much to do. I loved your "weird" list and I thought it was a great way to get to know my pen pal better! I love all kinds of dance, but my favorite would have to be tap! I'm not incredibly flexible, so tap is a way for me to be great at what I do without straining myself too much. What kind of dance does your sister do?

      I don't like my school, mainly because everyone is fake and everyone knows everyone. No secret stays a secret for long, and I mean it's not like I have much to hide, but some private stuff should stay private, you know? Even though I do post most of my life on social media, so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite. Why is your county so into their own schools? It's kind of a thing here to hate on your school, which I like because my school could definitely use some improvement. I don't know if I could go even an hour without making fun of it.

      I would like to visit Australia, I think it's a beautiful place from all the pictures I've seen and it is the reason my parents named me Sydney (so you don't have to feel dumb at all). They met in Sydney Australia when they were both visiting for a college trip. When they met each other they realized they were both from the States, and the rest is history. Where do you want to visit in the world?

      State orchestra isn't that cool, I just like to let people know I'm in it so they know not to mess around with my music. States is pretty hard, but I'm the only one from my school in it, so I have that over everyone. Tell that to the annoying girl in your orchestra, maybe it'll knock her down a few levels.

      My family's pretty boring. I have two brothers, twins who are both 12 and hate me. They think I'm not "cool" enough for them, which is bizarre since they're in middle school and both still think that girls have cooties. Your family sounds great, I wish I had a little sister. Also, my mom went to the University of Utah! What a small world. My dad went to UC Berkeley, so that's why we live all the way out west now. I might look into a music scholarship, depending on where I end up wanting to go. I still haven't decided, and I'm a little worried about that.

      So what's been going on in your life lately? I realize that I know some facts about you, but I don't know you. Tell me about the interesting things man, the things that you love and hate and the things that go on in your life. If I have to read your letters every so often, I might as well be getting some juice out of it. Have a great day and I will eagerly await your next letter (Did I sound professional there? I should have. That's what I was going for).

Sincerely,

Sydney Porter

A/N: thank you guys so much for your continuing support, and for getting Dear Sydney to 500 reads in less than a week! I love reading all of your comments, and I hope that you will continue to enjoy this writing style and not get bored of it! thank you guys again, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! ❤️
-Katherine