CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

“Ann?”

“The one and only.” Ann kid. James laughed. Do you wanna know why James broke up with Ericka? No? Well, he just realized that he love Ann.

“Dude. I thought you love her?” Ann said with a chuckle at the end. James also laughed with her, but deep inside him, he was still dealing with his feelings for her.

“Nah. I don’t now.” James said. Ann looked at him in surprise. Last week he was just saying that he can’t let her go, and now, he don’t love her anymore? That was new.

“HAHAHA. Just last week you told me you love her so much, and now, you broke up with her? Silly you.” James laughed at her expression.

“Yeah, because of you.” James whispered so that Ann won’t hear it.

“What?” Ann asked. She heard it but not that clearly. 

“Nothing. I said, let’s go home now.” James said as he dragged her outside the set. Ann just giggle on the way. 

“Ann?”

“Hmmm?” Ann hummed as she looked at James. James smiled at her which made her heart beat crazily.

“What if I fell for you?” James asked out of blue. Ann looked at him wondering on why did he suddenly ask that.

“Huh? Why would you fell for an ugly girl like me. As if.” Ann said nervously while she laughed. 

“That’s why I asked ‘what if’.” James laughed. 

“Well, then, it’ll be great! It’s like you fell in love with your best friend right?” Ann asked.

“You’re my best friend now?” James said. Ann smack his arm playfully as she laughed. How they wish that every time they were like this. No bickering, just those stupid joke and laugh. James was wishing at that moment that, can they be like this forever?

“You are! You don’t want? Fineee.” Ann pouted, while James, he hug her. Yes, he did. Ann didn’t protest cause she thought it was just a friendly hug, but then a scream was heard.

“So, she’s the reason why you broke up with me?” Ericka, yes, Ericka yelled at them, which made them loosen their hug and look at her.

“Ericka, don’t start an action here.” James said to her as he walk in front of her and pulled her, but Ericka just struggle from his grip and went towards Ann and slap her right in front of the press. Yes, there were reporters in the set. They immediately capture all the scenes especially when Ericka slapped Ann.

----------

“Another issue from the We Got Married cast. Since, Victoria and Nick, which is Ann Li and James Reid got close on the said show, could it be that they did fall for each other? It’s true that they have gotten closer than ever. Another news came out that James Reid and Ericka Villongco broke up? And another star Ann Li was the said reason. This happened yesterday on their rehearsals in We Got Married. They were practicing their vocals when suddenly, James Reid blurted out the words, ‘Ericka, I wanna break up with you.’ Yes. Simple as that. After the said break up, some found Ann Li went towards James, after a while they were laughing and hugging. That’s the exact time when Ericka Villongco saw them and them she asked James Reid if Ann Li was the reason, James Reid tried pulling her on the side but suddenly Ericka Villongco struggle from his grip and then slapped Ann Li. Shocking right? For now, we’ll just try to catch up with those thing later. Coming up next......” The reporter reported. Everyone was shock with then sudden news and how Ericka acted. 

Just a few minutes after, Ann and James looked at each other, then, laughed. “How can they thought of that? How can I be with a guy like you?” Ann said with a laugh. At the end of her sentence, James smile faded. So, he just faked a smile then agreed with her.

“Ann, what if I told you that you’re really the reason why I broke up with Ericka?” James suddenly asked again.

“Why do you keep on asking this? And why would I be the reason? I’m nothing to you, James. Right?” Ann asked. But, deep inside her, she was hoping that James would say NO. She wants her to be special to him.

“No, Ann. You are everything to me.” He said. He didn’t whisper it, he said it loud enough for her to hear. It didn’t bother him if after he said those words, the two of them will be acting not so close. All he knows is, after he said those words, he’ll be satisfied.

Silence embrace for a moment. Both of them didn’t know what to say. They didn’t know what to do. But then suddenly, “Ann, go back to take in 30 minutes!” Julie, he assistant said. Ann sigh in relief as she heard her voice. When, she was about to walk away, James suddenly grab her. “Stay.” He whispered to her.

“James...”

“Stay Ann. Why can’t you answer me when I said those words? Why?” James said as he tightened her hold on Ann.

“I don’t know, James. I don’t know.” Ann said as she cried in chest.

“Do you wanna know what that means, huh? DO you wanna know? Well, that simply means that I love you, Ann. I love you with all my heart.” He replied to her. It didn’t matter to him if he was already confessing. He just couldn’t take it anymore. It was enough.

“Don’t push me to say it, James.” Ann said as brace herself to pull out of James’ grip.

“.....”

“I’m going.” Ann said as she run towards the door and walk away.

-------

It was near Valentines Day. They were all in Music Core(ASAP). As they were having the said ‘chill out’, Most of them were asking each partners or dates on Valentines.

“Fretzie, who’s your date?” Fretzie just smiled at Maja who asked the question, then replied, “I hate to say this, but Ivan is my date.” James just chuckle from his sister’s cuteness, while saying Ivan’s name.

“What about your brother, Fretzie? Who’s his date?” Maja asked. James wasn’t listening that time. He was pre-occupied by his thoughts.

“James, who is your date?” Maja asked. But James didn’t answer. So she asked again. “James, who’s you date?” 

“Huh? My date?” James said to her. But then, the girls began singing, “Up, Up, Down, Down. Up, Up, Down, Down.” James heard that. He suddenly walk out which shock the girls and the hosts.

“What was that about?” Emman asked. Everybody shook their heads wondering why James walked out.

-------

“Just find something. Find something about her. It’s the least I can do for me to find the truth.”