[5] Acceptance - Waking Up In Another World 2 - LOTR Fanfiction

Chapter 5: Horse Riding, and an Agreement

‘Boromir?’ – I called out in my head.

‘Yep?’ – came his response.

‘What is going on with Joe?’

Boromir pretended to be hurt, ‘You are more worried about Joe than me?’

‘You’re a big boy!’ – I told him cheerfully, as we waited for the others to mount.

I looked over at Eomer. Something was up. I could tell. Sure enough he opened his mouth and said,

“Why don’t we travel with you? I am sure that our skills-“ at this he puffed out his chest, and I just about choked, “could come in handy with rescuing your friends!”

Zena’s face lit up, “You would do that? Thank you!”

10 minutes later,

I gripped the reins in my hands, angrily. Of course that blonde brat had to come along. And bring all of his men to. So much for the ‘sneak-up on Urk’s’ plan. They could hear us coming 10 miles away!

Boromir smacked his head against mine, when I jerked the horse to a sudden stop.

“We are going that way!” – I told him, pointing towards the forest, “So that when Pippin and Merry run for it, we can catch them!”

Boromir nodded, rubbing his head with his sleeve.

A thin trickle of blood was running from above his eyebrow.

“Didn’t you feel that?” – he asked me surprised.

“Nope!” – I told him, rapping one of my knuckles against my head, “Hard head.”

Boromir just rolled his eyes, as we turned away from the others, and rode towards the forest.

“How do you think Frodo and Sam are?” – Boromir asked me, breaking the silence that had consumed us.

I shrugged my shoulders, and looked up at the stars, “No idea. But I hope they are doing alright.”

The horse that we were riding on galloped on, and soon the tree’s were growing in size. From pin sized know they looked about as long as a finger on my hand.

Boromir asked, “When this is all done would you like to come to Gondor with me?”

My head snapped around and I scrutinized his face, “Do you mean it?”

He looked shocked, “Of course!”

A smile crept over my features, “Most people lie when they talk to me because they are scared. I would love to come to Gondor with you!”

He took my face in his hands, and said, “I would never lie to you. Never. About anything!” – he looked into my eyes. “Never.”

I nodded my head, and responded, “Or I to you, even if the truth is hard to bear.”

Boromir nodded looking thoughtful, “Also we can’t send the other one away if they don’t want to go.”

I nodded my head, and then shook it. Then I thought for a second and said, “Alright.” It sounded fine to me.

I thought, “Also we can’t flip out, and send the other person away, if there is a misunderstanding.”

Boromir tipped his head to one side, not understanding.

“You know like if somebody kisses the other person or something like that” – I said, I had seen to many relationships fail over that fact.

“Yes!” – Boromir said agreeing, “Even if we are very annoyed.”

‘Very annoyed’ to Boromir and I is 100 on a scale of 10 for anyone else. It is murdering, blood vessel popping, anger. Something that you get arrested for.

Boromir leaned forward, and rubbed his cheek against mine, and smiled. He was so nice. He wasn’t the tough, greedy, a-hole that he pretended to be. He was gentle, kind, loving, and perfect! All at once! A jack-pot of all the best personality traits. Sure he was a little power hungry, got angry easily, and enjoyed fighting most of the time, but then so did I. He was like a female me!

Suddenly flames erupted off about half a mile to our right, and the horse that we riding on reared into the air.

Boromir wrapped his arms around my waist, trying to hold on, and clamped my legs against the horses side, holding on with all my strength.

We managed to stay on board the horse, and it landed on the ground again.

My breath was coming in gasps, and Boromir leaned forward to see if I was okay.

“What’s the matter?” – Boromir asked in concern.

“First time I rode a horse!” – I panted out, holding my ribs.

Boromir’s eyes widened, “Why didn’t you let me ride on the front then?”

I tried to catch my breath and said, “I had to learn didn’t I?”

I finally caught my breath and kicked the horse to go again,

“Let’s go again!” – I told Boromir excitedly. Riding the horse was now one of my favourite things to do!

Boromir’s arms clamped around my waist as we flew across the field.

The flames had steadily grown higher, and we could hear the sounds of fighting starting. The horse was wonderful. It didn’t slow down the whole time, and the grass blurred under it’s hooves.

I could see the forest ahead, and suddenly two small shapes darted in front of us. Hobbits!

The horse we were riding couldn’t stop in time, and the Hobbits would be run over for sure!