10) Meniff

Guys I deleted Unique, my hybrid book. Though I started a new book. My demigod Shaylor book. Please go check it out and tell me what you think. I will also write a couple of One Night one shots if you didn't know. Okay let's get to the book.  

Taylor p.o.v.

"Taylor you better pick up your cell phone right now or I'm going to give you a that spanking you'll never forget," my mom's voicemail says. I roll my eyes and delete the message once again. She's been calling me a couple times since she found out about the nasty weather storm back in the other city. She actually seems like a concerned mother.

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and I know they love me, but they just show it differently. Growing up, their families struggled with money. Grandpa Caniff small shop wasn't doing good, but he didn't want to give it up since it was a family legacy. After high school, my dad worked three jobs and went to college for business. He then took over the shop and created it into a huge company empire. My mom though had two parents who were teachers and 5 siblings, which meant she also struggled. She worked hard to put herself through law school and became a lawyer.

The two of them met in college actually and they both became friends and promised to help each other out. When my dad started his company, the first lawyer he hired was my mom. Then they fell in love and got married.

As they were building their careers, they had us and we basically grew up with neglectful parents. I know they were trying to provide for us and stuff, but I still wanted them to be there for me at least once in a while. They've slowed down a bit ever since Tristen was born, but he still spends a good chunk of his time with my sister Kellie. After my sister got married, I decided to give her and her husband some alone time and I took in Tristen.

"You've been staring at that phone for like twenty minutes," Shawn tells me, before throwing a pillow at my face.

I chuckle and turn to him. "Is my baby feeling jealous of my cell phone," I tease.

He rolls his eyes. "Oh please. I just have to make a little moan and you'll be all over me," he says back.

I jump out of my bed and get onto his and straddle him. I pin his arms up and lean down to him. "You bet your sweet ass I will." I try to kiss him, but he turns his face and I kiss his cheek. I pout and he giggles underneath me. "I want a kiss," I whine. He leans up and kisses my nose. "You know that's not what I meant," I huff.

"Well you're not my boyfriend, so that's all you're going to get." He teleports away and I land on his bed. I hear him teleport onto my bed and I turn to look at him. He unlocks my phone and starts looking through it. I have nothing to hide from him, so I don't care.

"Why aren't we boyfriends, Shawn," I ask him. I see him stiffen a little at the question. He's been avoiding the question for months now, which I understood, since we had a lot of stuff going on, but all that was done.

He shrugs and doesn't look at me. "You're not my type, I guess."

I frown. "Shawn, we've made out, we live together, we go on dates, we have pet names for each other, and we cuddle. We're basically married," I rant.

"We don't go out on dates. We went on one date and that was months ago in the pizzeria."

I get annoyed at staring at his back, so I telekinetically flip him, so he's facing me. "We go to places and I pay. I'm counting it as dates."

"That's because you won't let me pay for anything other than the tip," he argues. If I wasn't being serious right now, I would have totally made a joke about my tip.