Chapter 29 - Dirty little secrets

I'M BACK! SORRY FOR THELONG WAIT GUYS.

CHAPTER ISN'T EDITED.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK...VOTE AND COMMENT.

Chapter 29 – Dirty little secrets

Aria

"You need to concentrate on blocking me. Focus! You're not focused enough!"

Ugh! Training with Adrian was so frustrating. How was I supposed to block him if my powers won't work on him?

"My powers don't work on you. How can I block you?"

This was beyond frustrating. We had been at it for a couple of days now and I wasn't anywhere near defending myself against him, and I had the bruises to show it.

Since I couldn't use my powers on him, I had to block him the old fashioned way. That involved a lot of dodging and rolling. Luckily, my bruises were minor so I didn't have to bother Alexis about healing them. Besides, I loved the attention I got from my mates at nights. They kissed each bruise, and massaged away my aches.

"Use what you have."

It was hopeless, Adrian was my handicap.

"Can we take a break?"

He glared at me.

"Fine."

He was such a slave driver! I don't know how my sister let him train her.

"You can watch us. Hopefully that will give you some ideas."

He paired up with Alexis. She was better at this than me. It didn't sit well with me that Nate was missing. According to him, he had some sort of errand to run for my mother.

Alyssa was without a partner so she had also taken a break, cooing over the twins. They were cute, even if they held every resemblance to their father. Plus they were getting so big; four months old now and they had discovered the joy of laughing. Their laughters were always contagious.

"Are you paying attention, Aria?"

My head snapped back to him.

"Yes."

Adrian was all business when it came to training. I guess it must be why he is one of the best witch trainers around. I settled against the wall and prepared to watch the magic unfold. He didn't waste any time. A ball of fire went hurling in Alexis' direction, which she quickly blocked with water. It went on like this, back and forth with them changing up their techniques as they went along.

I watched enthralled. Alexis was holding her own against him, but I suspected he was going easy on her. Alexis tried to use her powers to block his attack. Sometimes walls or blocks were thrown up, lightening struck, outing the fireballs, and wind was used to change their course of direction.

It did give me some ideas. Even though I couldn't attack him directly, I could use objects to block his advances.

"Good work. That's enough for now."

Our time was up for the day. Can't say I wasn't happy about that. Nate still hadn't returned from his errand and I will be sure to question him about it later, but for now I'll just go make out with my other mate.

"Took you long enough." I rolled my eyes. "Did you miss me?" He pulled me against his sweaty chest.

"Ewe Blake, you stink." He started rubbing up against me. "Stop it." I tried to push myself away from him.

"You have to answer my question. Did you miss?"

I glared at him.

"You're such an ass."