Ch. 4

Ch. 4

I looked around once Martin had parked, realizing everyone was staring at us. I felt a burning sensation in my cheeks and glanced to where Martin was sitting on the drivers side, only to realize he was already out of the car. The rain still pelted on the glass of the windshield, like a thousand tiny beads being dropped from the sky.

He grinned at me, looking through the windshield "You coming Mary?" he asked and I blushed even more, hurrying out of the car. "Thanks" I said quietly, not looking at him as I quickly made my way over to my two best friends Cameron Knightly and Lizzie Montgomery.

"Care to explain Mar?" Lizzie asked, wiggling her eyebrows, grinning. I blushed a bit, smacking her arm lightly "It was raining and he offered my a ride. That's all." Cam raised an eyebrow questioningly "Is that all?"

"Yes!" I burst out "Can we just go inside now?! Its friiiiicken colddddd." I said, hugging my arms. "I'm not cold" said Cam, his dark brows furrowing. Lizzie and I stared at him like this -_- and replied, in perfect unison "Because you're from Minnesota." We said, shivering.

You see, Cam moved here last year, from Emily, Minnesota. I had to be partners with him for a chemistry lab last year where he may have blown off our other friend Shane's, eyebrows. Lets just say that Shane hasn't talked to us since then and we've been best friends ever since.

Lizzie; however, was a bit different. We met in first grade when she squirted her once best friend with a juice box during snack time when she was being mean to a boy who ate glue. Well, as mean as an seven-year old could get. I hadn't really had many friends, except for the boy who ate the glue. We were both terrified until Lizzie had stepped in and squirted her. The girl cried and had tattled on her and she was sent to take a time out. I remember going up to her afterward, my hand entertwined with the hand of the glue boy, thanking her. She had shrugged it off. The next day when we came back Lizzie's ex-best friend had been completely ignoring her and Lizzie sat all by herself in the corner with the blocks. I went up to her and sat with her, playing with her, forgetting all about the glue boy. To this day I still don't even remember his name...

I snapped out of my daze and saw Lizzie and Cameron had already made their way inside. I ran after them, the freezing cold air whipping at my face. I pushed through the doors, my cheeks bright red from the cold. I scanned the sea of crowded students, trying to find Cam's tall, familiar dark brown haired head. I could barely reach the nose of an average height person. Seeing as I couldn't see him, or get tall enough to see him, I sighed, pushing through the crowd. Suddenly, as if Moses had just parted the Red Sea, the crowd split and he strutted through, with his entourage trailing just behind him, like lost puppies.

Now, don't underestimate them, they are just as big of jerkwads as he is. I rolled my eyes and walked to my locker, which was in the same hallway as this Red Sea incident was happening in. Yay me. I thought to myself sarcastically and began to fumble with my lock.

I heard the oh-so-familiar click of boots against the cold tiled floor. Heading in my direction.

Jesus Christ.

And there he was, strutting down our petty hallway like he owned the place. You see, our ranks in the social ladder are determined by the hallway your locker is in. All the lockers lining the gym/cafeteria are for the Populars, the East Wing is for the middle class, like myself, and the West Wing is for the Unpopulars. Nerds, goths, oddballs. Anyone who didn't follow the social standards of the rules the Populars seemed to have made law ages ago.

Oh, also, depending on what class you're in, Popular, Middle, or Unpopulars, that also limits what halls you can and can't use. The Upopulars were only allowed to use the halls in the West Wing, Middles in the East Wing, and the Populars chose wherever the frick the wanted.

However, it was rare a Popular came down my hallway. I quickly turned to my locker, acting as if I was having some deep trouble with my lock. "Hey Mar" he said, looking down at me and grinning like a kid on Halloween. "What are you doing here?" I hissed at him, eyes narrowing. "You can't just make a huge seen acting like friggin' Moses as he parted the Red Sea!". He laughed. That assface thought this was funny. All the Middies around me bit there lips, holding their breathes. We were closest to the hallways near the gym. We always got fairly decent seats in the cafeteria. All of the Middies in my hall were really close, we got along, and usually stuck together. Blowing up at Martin could risk everything for us. I bit my lip, looking up to see his reaction.

"Moses huh? I bet he wasn't this handsome" he grinned. looking down at me, being he was like 6' 5'' and I was 5' 3''. I let out the breath I didn't realize I had been holding, relieved. "He was better looking than an elephant's ass. You don't seem to make the cut." I retorted, smirking slightly. Lies. Lies. Lies. Martin was pretty cute. He had slightly curly light brown hair and hazel eyes. (A/N: I know from the picture he had brown eyes, but I just didn't want him to have brown eyes :3 Sowwy!!) He was well-built, but not overly buff. He smirked slightly and quirked a perfect eyebrow "Like what you see?" he asked, waggling his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes "You wish." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cam and Lizzie trying not to bust out in laughter, and planned to killed them later. "So did you have a specific reason as to being in this Wing?" I asked him, annoyed that I had to look up so much. He glanced down, noticing the slight advantage over me, and I knew he would take advantage of it someday.

Martin's P.O.V

"So did you have a specific reason as to being in this Wing?" she asked me, craning her head up.

Why was I there? None of us ever came to this part of the West Wing. Why was I so insistent on smiling around her, talking to her? It was getting aggravating. "I actually wanted to ask you..." I began, rubbing the back of his neck. But soon a small curvy figure pressed up against me, wrapping her thin arm around my waist. Melodie. My super peppy, super shallow, super possessive cheerleader girlfriend. "Hey baby" she said with her smile that usually could charm any guy within 20 feet of her. Not me. I had grown used to that look. Now it just meant she wanted attention. Still I smiled slightly, fake or real, I'm not sure. I greeted her with a long kiss, her arms wrapping around my neck. She eventually pulled away from me, her soft lips pink.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Mary, her arms crossed, seeming irritated. She looked like a child about to have a fit than a high schooler, with that height of hers. "Jealous, Mary?" I teased, and my girlfriend had the same smirk as I. "Get a room" she spat back and turned on her heel, going back to her little group of friends. I knew one of them, Cameron I think was his name. He was in a few of my classes. He was pretty athletic as well, being on our ice hockey team. I hadn't really thought much of him, but he was pretty dorky, so it was understandable why him and Mary became friends.

Why had I come to this hallway anyway? I don't remember. I turned back to Melodie and we walked out of the hall, passing by Mary and her little group. Melodie strutted beside me as we left the hallway.