Chapter 4

~KARA'S POV~

It's midnight and Roni and Kat are both asleep. I have never slept well here in the orphanage. Never. And I never will. The only time I actually slept well was at Niall's flat. God I miss him so much. I don't understand why I don't hate him. Anyways, tonight is my escape night. I never took anything out of my luggage and I only had one so this would be easy. I was going to miss Roni and Kat. I really was. But I told myself this was all worth it. I take my luggage and a jacket, a blanket, pillow, and I write a quick note to Roni and Kat and exit my room through the window. Thank god I made it out! I start running and then once I was far enough from the orphanage where they wouldn't find me, I slowed down. I went to a nearby park and take my pillow and blanket out and sleep on a nearby bench. And you've guessed it, no I didn't sleep. I was on my Twitter the whole night. I was thinking tomorrow, I could go to a nearby Starbucks, get a job, and make some friends and stay with them? Yep. And in twitter:

@NiallHoran: Crushed to pieces. @KaraPerraloves1D @RoniRoni @Katgirl left :( We need to talk @KaraPerraloves1D

@KaraPerraloves1D: Nope sorry @NiallHoran #notsorry oh yeah, you have my wristband. Keep it I don't care anymore.

That's what I replied. I know I said I wasn't mad, but I guess I am now. That was so embarrassing. I confessed my love to a famous singer that probably is hitting on I don't know Kylie Jenner? And this was what I did for the rest of the night, look at tweets. I guess I really have no life.

~KAT'S POV~

I wake up to no screaming. Hmm that was weird. Where was Kara? I found a note plastered on the window though.

Dear Roni and Kat,

I know you're mad at me but please keep this a secret from the other people okay? So yesterday night, I snuck out. I don't know where I am going to go or what I am going to do but just as a reassurance, I will be fine. Oh yeah, and I love you guys, and if you guys love me, don't tell anyone.

XOXO,

Kara ;)

A tear slipped out of my eye. I gently pushed Roni up and handed her the note. She handed it back to me, also crying.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"I don't know," she said,"Should we tell anyone?"

"No," I said.

"Okay," she agreed. And we moved on with our lives.

~KARA'S POV~

I walk with my luggage to a Starbucks. And then it struck me. This was the Starbucks near Niall's flat where I went when I found out we had sex.

"How may I help you?" Said one of the employees. She looked about my age. Maybe a bit older. She was really pretty. She kind of reminded me of Roni. She had really pretty blonde hair and her eyes were a gray-ish purple. She was I guess perfect.

"May I apply for a job here? Uh...Larissa?" I looked at her name tag.

She laughed,"Sure! Let me get my boss. I'll talk to her for you," she winked. God, she was so sweet. "Wait, you're Kara Perra! Omigosh!" I nodded and she left. I decided to take a seat and wait and look at my twitter.

@NiallHoran: Please baby? @KaraPerraloves1D

"Hi Kara," I quickly turned of my phone.

"Hi you must be the manager. Uh..." I looked at her name tag,"Mrs. Lee."

"Please, call me Julie" She stuck her hand out. And I shook it. Duh? "So I hear you are applying for a job?" She continued. I nod and give her a fake sweet smile."I think we can give you a trial. When can you start?"

"Right now," I said.

"Go ahead. Larissa can help you." Julie said looking at Larissa. She nodded. Then Julie took off.

"So Kara, why don't we get started. You can be cashier. It's a bit early so no one is here yet. Can you do math? Where do you live? How are your parents? Where are you from?"

That was a lot of questions. "Uh... Ok I am good at math so I can be a cashier, I don't live anywhere. I snuck out of the orphanage yesterday night. My parents died in an earthquake, and I am from the USA."

Larissa looked at me in awe. "Anyways, here are some forms." I quickly scan it. I fill everything I can out leaving one thing out. Address. I quickly scribble down Niall's flat's address knowing I was going to regret it. "Would you like to stay with me? I live on my own. I'm 18. We can be besties! I can even adopt you!" She exclaimed.

"Staying with you is enough," I eased her. "We can discuss the rest later. And you really don't need to."

"Yes I do!" She looked at me with her purple eyes.

"I'll stay with you. I hope I'm not a bother." I said. She quickly said okay and then opened the store.

"Hi how I may I help you? What size would you like your vanilla latte?" The day sped through. I guess I was pretty good at this. Around three, Julie came over and said we were done for the day and I was absolutely amazing and I got the job!

"Let's go!" Larissa said.

"Okay. I feel like I need to repay you so... I'm going to make you famous in twitter." I exclaimed as I got into her car. It was jet black.

"No way."

"Yes way!" I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. "What's your twitter?"

"Larissa_Girly," she replied.

I go onto twitter:

@KaraPerraloves1D: Just met @Larissa_Girly everyone follow her! She is amazing and so gorg!

As soon as I tweeted that, I heard her phone beep like a jillion times. She parked her car and pulled her phone out.

"OMIGOD! I JUST GAINED 500 FOLLOWERS!" She squealed as she pulled me into a tight hug. For some reason, she reminded me so much of Roni and Kat, it almost hurt.

"You're welcome."

"Let's go in," she pulled a key out of her purse. Her flat was pretty nice. It was neat. Very neat. She had a white L-Shaped sofa in front of a TV, a big kitchen, two bedrooms both with walk-in closets and connected bathrooms. "You can have this a room," she lead me to an empty room. It reminded me of the one I first had at Niall's before he gave my room a makeover. Get that out of your head! Get it out.

"Thanks you're the best!" I replied. I quickly went in and unpacked everything. I put my makeup in the bathroom and my few clothes I took into the walk in closet along with my wedges, my ballet flats, and me Vans.

"Ready for dinner?" Larissa asked.

"Yes. Where are we going?" I asked.

"Nando's." God she was making this so hard.

*********************

"Thish ish sho good," I said with my mouth full of food. Larissa was busy on her twitter. "Watcha looking ash?" I asked.

"Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Harry Styles followed me!"

"Kay," I said not really caring.

"Why does Niall keeping tweeting that he isn't feeling well?"

"I don't know," I lied. But I'm a really bad liar. Everyone knows that.

"Liar. Everyone knows that you and your friends were adopted by One Direction but then you were returned back into the orphanage."

"That's not fair though. Everyone now thinks I'm a slut because they said that I had sex with my dad," I put air quotes as I said "dad".

"Oh I'm sorry." Larissa gave me a gentle hug. "Let's head back to my flat so we can get some rest."

"Kay," I said. We strolled into the parking lot and we drove back. And I slept pretty well. Just kidding. I stayed up all night thinking about Niall.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty happy with this chapter. ;)

~Ashley+Liam=Liashley