Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: "Heartless."

Akira:

My eyes slowly fluttered opened and was met by the sun. I winced shielding my eyes. That's when I felt a sort of weight on me. My brows furrowed and I sat up slightly to see what it was. It was Chresanto! Memories from the night before flooded back into my head. We were on the couch and still in our clothes from the benefit ball. His arm was wrapped around my waist as he laid there asleep. I was practically on top of him as we laid there.

My cheeks flushed red as I realized we fell asleep like this. I glanced back down at him and stared at him for a moment. He's so handsome when he's not frowning. He looked very calm in his sleep. I see how girls swoon over him. He's hurt though. Poor guy digs himself into his work to avoid the pain he's feeling. I slowly slid from his grasp and walked upstairs in my dress. I quickly took a nice warm shower and got dressed in some black leggings and a black tank top.

I checked the time, it was eight am already. Chresanto is late for work. I wasn't in a rush to wake him up. I think he should stay home anyway. He works too much. I'm sure he could use a day off. I slowly walked down the stairs keeping my regular pace. I walked over to the couch where he laid, still asleep.

"Chresanto?" I said softly, shaking him a bit. All he did was slur and stay asleep. I sighed and placed my hands on my hips. Ugh, how am I gonna do this?

"Chresanto?" I said again, tapping his cheek lightly. Nothing happened. I tried hitting his face a tiny bit harder. I see got nothing. I began playing around with his face. His skin is really soft too. I was pulling on his cheeks and everything.

"Chresanto!" I shouted this time. His eyes snapped opened and he looked right at me. I gave him a small smile as he sat there staring at me.

"Morning sunshine." I nearly sang pinching his cheek. His brows furrowed as if he was confused. He glanced around the room before looking back at me once more.

"What time is it?" He questioned slowly sitting up. I crossed my arms over my chest and muttered, "8:14."

"What?" He questioned, his face scrunching up.

"It's 8:14." I answered a bit louder. I watched as his beautiful brown eyes widen at me. I gave him a nervous smile and his hand found his forehead.

"Ugh. I'm late for work." He nearly hissed to himself. I shook my head slowly, catching his attention.

"No you're not, because you're not going to work." I spoke candidly.

"Oh yes I am." He chimed standing up from his spot on the couch, only to have me push him back down with much force.

"No you're not. Have a day off from work for goodness sake! Call into the office and tell them you're taking a day off okay? I'm gonna start on breakfast." I said ignoring the glare he was giving me.

I started towards the kitchen, humming some songs to myself. I didn't hear any protest from him so I didn't need to say anything more. I'm sure he went upstairs to take a shower. Yet, I wonder if we're gonna discuss what happened yesterday...I'm sure he doesn't want to talk about it, so I won't bother him about it. I'm just glad he told me. I started making the bacon, frying it up and everything. I started setting them on plates. Three of them to be exact. I'm pretty sure Kyle will be over here for breakfast. I made pancakes and sausage, along with eggs. I set finished the last of the eggs and then started putting the pans into the sink.

"Akira, Kyle is here!" I heard Chresanto call out like some little kid. I chuckled but didn't say anything. I spun around to turn to the plates but was met by Kyle standing there already nibbling on the bacon. My face fell and I glared at him for a moment before he was aware of my gaze.