Chapter Six: Secrets only bring pain

Dean knew Bobby was hiding something. He knew more about Laura than he was letting on, Dean was sure of it! But why in the world would he want to kill her? What has she done that's so bad? Unless, unless she isn't human?

Millions of questions were running through Dean's head, leaving him unable to sleep. The clock hand turned, making the time 4am exactly. Dean hadn't slept a wink, well, he was sure he hadn't. But the chances are he could of been slipping in and out of sleep for the whole night.

Dean pictured her in his mind. She was breathlessly beautiful. Full of mystery. You could tell by just a single glance into her eyes that she was hiding many things. But what things?

Dean sat bolt upright. He heard something coming from outside of their motel. Dean was about to wake Sam when he heard a creak of the door. His head bolted around to find a woman standing in the doorway, her eyes locked upon Dean.

And then he knew.

It was Lauren.

She beckoned him over, raising her index finger to her lips, gesturing for him to come quietly. It seems she wanted to be alone with Dean. But what for? He wanted to find out more about her, how she got there, how she knew so much about them, how she knew where Sam would be. But he couldn't quite get Bobby's words out of his mind.

'Don't trust her'

'Kill her'

Dean walked with carefully over to the door, his right arm caressing the gun in his belt just in case. The light outside made her look magical, and with that, they both stepped outside into the brisk morning air.

Lauren pulled the door as quietly as she could until the she heard the latch ping inside.

Sam was locked in, safe, out of harms way. But Dean was out here, vulnerable, with this mysteriously beautiful woman that he'd been told to kill. His heart was most definitely jumping out of place, he just wanted to know he could trust her.

"Follow me." she whispered into Dean's ear. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help himself, she was, after all, the one who helped retrieve his brother, surely this was the least she deserved?

Dean remembered all the times Sammy used to sneak off with Ruby in the middle of the night. Keeping secrets from your brother hurts when the truth comes out. He felt a little guilty, but overwhelmed with happiness at the same time.

"This is different." he told himself, as he followed Lauren into the shadows.

Dean was breathing heavy. Lauren and him had run for quite some time until they reached an old warehouse.

"You must have a thing for warehouses." Dean spluttered, gasping for air. Lauren chuckled, a sweet, charming chuckle that made Dean smile in delight.

"Warehouses and me go waaay back." She replied, turning and winking at Dean. She raised a bony arm to eye height and pulled up her sleeve to reveal a very old, but working watch. 5am. They had been running for pretty much a whole hour. Dean collapsed into a heap on the floor.

'He should be here soon." Lauren added.

"Who?" asked Dean gazing at the rising sun.

"You'll see!" Lauren said smiling. She sat down on the cold grass next to where Dean lay. There was a moment of silence as Lauren admired the remaining stars in the sky.

"Beautiful aren't they?" Lauren said, keeping her eyes on the stars at all times.

"Yes." Dean replied softly, but he wasn't looking at the stars, he was gazing at Lauren.

"Yoohoo!"

Both Lauren and Dean were startled by this voice, but Dean recognised it straight away. He immediately rose to his feet to be confronted by Castiel.

"Cas?" Dean questioned, staring at the man in the trench coat.

"You brought me all the way here to see Cas? I can pretty much see the guy whenever I want!"

Castiel walked over to Dean and put a hand on his shoulder, which Dean immediately pushed away.

"You both have some serious explaining to do!" He said gruffly.

And explaining is what they did next.