Chapter 11

"It's late Chris. You have a lot to do tomorrow. Why don't you go to bed?" Alex got up from her chair and stretched.

"I just want to make sure you're not too nervous about Friday. It's your debut and I want to be sure you're not nervous." Chris fidgeted with the pen in his hand.

Alex laughed at Chris' repetition. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are the one that is nervous. Chris, I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me. This recording contract is like a dream come true for me. I'm going to go out on that stage on Friday night an knock'em dead. Don't worry Chris. I won't let all of our hard work go down the drain."

Chris pushed his chair back and stood. "What? Me nervous? Pshaw! Do you want me to stay and watch your rehearsal on Thursday? Are you sure Jive has the proper music? Do you know what you're going to wear?"

Alex put both hands flat against Chris' chest and pushed him towards the door. "No, you can't stay and watch my rehearsal, you and Joey have an interview when your rehearsal is finished. Yes, you made sure that Jive had everything necessary. And no, I haven't got something to wear yet. I'm going shopping tomorrow. Okay?"

"Um yeah okay, I guess I'll just go and yeah um I'll go."

"I heard your date cancelled on you. Are you going alone tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, I guess so. It's a little late to ask someone else. Who would I ask anyway?"

"Well...you could always ask Shae."

"I guess I never thought of her. It might be kind of weird dancing with her, seeing as she's almost like a sister to me."

"Or you could go alone. No big deal."

"I don't know. I'll be too worried about other things."

Alex laughed. "Relax Chris. I'm not nervous and you have no reason to be."

Chris hugged her and left the room. Alex quietly opened the door to the bedroom and smiled at the sleeping form under the comforter. She changed her clothes and slid under the cover. Justin groaned and rolled over. He quickly gathered her into his arms and kissed her hair. "We'll have to make sure Chris doesn't have any caffeine on Friday."

Alex sighed and closed her eyes. "Yeah, he's going around the bend if he doesn't relax."

"You're not nervous are you?" Justin mumbled sleepily.

"No, not at all - surprisingly. The song the JC wrote for me is beautiful. Kermit the frog could sing it and it would be grammy worthy."

Justin snuggled closer to Alex. "Somehow I doubt that. The song is really good but you've got Kermit beat by a long shot."

"Thanks. Good night baby, I love you."

Justin kissed Alex again and drifted off to sleep.

(*******************)

"Good morning beautiful." Josh kissed Carey on the cheek as she sat up in bed. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Yes you did." Carey replied.

"You're right. I did. I just wanted to tell you to have a good time with Alex today."

"Are you leaving already? It's so early." Carey said incredulously.

"Duty calls you know."

"Yeah," She smiled. "I'll be fine. I'm sure Alex and I can find some trouble."

"That is what I'm afraid of." He kissed her again and left the room. The phone rang and Carey picked it up.

"Hello?"