One

made this a bit longer and filled it up with nonsense and fluff.

just a heads up, there will be nellie in here.

mmhmm.

I was actually going to do like a nellie spinoff but i just felt bad for luke so yeah, this will have some nellie moments in here too :)

* * * * * * * * *

Chapter One.

{ M E G }

I kicked my shoes off as the kids came in behind me from the garage. Logan was a teenager, thirteen and almost as tall as me (I was suddenly shrinking), and Eva would be twelve in a couple months. The two still drove me nuts, but in a good way. They were my two little blessings.

"Mum, there's a message on the phone!" Eva said, raising her voice from the kitchen.

I rubbed my eyes. "Go ahead and play it!"

I straightened out my shoes and made sure the garage door was closed before walking down the hall towards the kitchen. The message rang out through the halls.

"Hey, it's Auntie El." Logan announced with a little smile.

"Oh! Umm, hi! It's Ellie." She sounded good. Chipper. That made me smile. "Man, I hate voicemails. Okay. Well, Luke kind of shoved me into this booth and I was thinking of you two and the kids. I guess I'll see you over the holiday. Call me back if you can. Feel free to interrupt my studies. Trust me, I won't mind. Love you all so much. Missing you. Bye."

The beep went off and the next message played as I began to wonder what I'd make for dinner. I opened up the fridge and scowled. I forgot to go grocery shopping.

"Hey, babe. It's Lou. Hope everything's well at work."

I tried not to laugh. Louis hated me working out on the field with Anderson at the agency. For the most part, I stayed in the department doing a bit more detective work and figuring out "whodunnit" and press conferences announcing the situation. I didn't mind. I preferred the field and the thrills it brought, but Louis preferred me alive.

"I'm gonna be a little late coming home. Our practice is going on for a bit longer. I'll be back before ten though. I love you and the kids. See you soon."

I huffed. "How does pizza sound tonight kids?"

"Awesome." Logan broke out into a big grin that made me laugh. The kid loved pizza.

"Anyone want to volunteer and order it?"

"I got it!" Eva spoke up, running off to get the computer.

"Thanks, sweetheart." I looked at my son with a little smile. "Anymore messages?"

"Umm," He looked at the phone again. "That's it, I think."

"I think Liam was calling me about the cabin affair." I murmured to myself. "We're going back up there around Christmas."

"Coooool."

"Yeah, you can see Dakota and your uncle and aunt."

"Hey, Mom, did you shoot anyone today?" Logan asked eagerly.

I tried not to laugh. "It's a lot different from Call of Duty, kid. You don't get to shoot somebody everyday and get away with it."

Logan sighed. "Man, if I had a gun I'd - "