Saurian

Palmer took the car keys from my hand, "I'm driving, get in the car." he ordered.

I got into the passenger side of my car and he pulled out of the parking lot. He drove to David's house; speeding a little bit here and there.

When we got to David's, the windows were lit up with light from inside. I could see a couple people pacing through the house waiting for us. The car started to sputter a little bit, which was very unusual since my car is practically new. That's when I saw her sitting on the steps of the porch; Penelope Brennon. She was a misty see-through shape but I could definitively make out her face. She looked sad, but when she saw me looking at her in wonder her eyes lit up.

She ran towards me, "Oh thank goodness! You can see me can't you?!" she shrieked.

I took a step back from her and Palmer looked at me confused. I turned to him, "It's Penelope, she's here, and she knows I can see her." He looked slightly shocked but he nodded towards the house.

I looked at Penelope's hopeful expression, "Let's go..." I finally said reluctantly.

She started to skip along beside me in excitement. When we got to the door I went in but Penelope stayed outside.

She looked at me hesitantly, "Is it okay?" she asked pointing inside.

"Of course, we need to talk to you anyways... Why didn't you come to me before this?" I asked.

"Well I didn't know you could see ghosts or spirits or whatever I am now... I just stuck to the people I knew. Then I saw you at the park tonight and I followed you from the shadows, trying to make sure that thing wouldn't attack you too, but then I saw you had help so I wasn't going to interfere. I found it interesting that you guys were actually on the right track about my killer, since I knew it wasn't human. The cops are looking into people with records like this sort of thing. So that's why I followed you guys, because you actually know what to look for!" she clapped her hands together as she plopped down on the arm of the couch next to Palmer. I think he felt her there because he scooted over slightly. Penelope started to pout when he did that and I suppressed my laughter.

"What's so funny?" Palmer snapped.

I snickered, "Nothing, just that you seem to have a ghost groupie."

Penelope started to brush her hand across his chest and he shivered and jerked away from her. "Can you tell her to stop that, it's weird!" he complained.

Penelope pulled her hand back and pouted again, "I never got to have any fun when I was alive, why can't I have any now that I'm dead?!" she whined.

"Penelope we really need to know everything you can remember about the night you died... Can you tell us anything?" I asked her delicately.

She folded her misty formed hands across her lap and cleared her throat for effect. "Well first I remember walking down the path you were on in the park. It was dark and the moon was shining down brightly, it was almost full if I remember correctly... well anyways, it was ominous and kinda creepy. I heard someone in the woods beside me and they were really fast, I thought maybe it was someone messing with me but they weren't laughing or saying anything and I started to get really scared. I took off running and they jumped on my back and I rolled across the pavement scraping up my arms. The thing rolled on top of me and then started to bite me. It ripped my throat open and then I died. It didn't really hurt but it sure was scary." she ended her story while looking at her transparent body. It almost looked like she was about to cry but instead just looked up at me.

Palmer just sat there looking around the room, trying to look preoccupied while I talked to Penelope. He couldn't see her or hear her so there was no use interfering with our exchange.