Quotes + Comebacks (The Guide To Talking Back!)

The Guide to Talking Back

Hey everyone it's Carley345 with your guide on how to talk back!

Okay so it doesn't matter exactly who you're talking back to but I am going to focus on teens talking back to other teens at school. Okay here is the number one rule:

Never ask your parents for good comebacks: Wanna know why? well it's because usually when you ask your parents for a good comeback, they usually say "Go tell the teacher.." and blah blah blah. Anyway it just makes the victory sweeter if you came up with it doesn't it? Yeah I thought so.

Practice talking to your enemies: Think of all of the possible things that they'll say to you. Always be prepared. Don't start talking until they talk to you or if they are really bothering you.

 Another option: when your enemy attempts to verbally berate you, walk right up and stare them in the face without flinching. Don't make any aggressive moves - just slowly walk within a foot or so of them, and stare directly into their eyes. At the very least, this will freak them out, and it may convince them that there are easier targets if you show them no fear. Don't move or back away if they threaten you, or pretend to hit you. Just keep staring into their eyes with no emotion.

The best option is to ignore them. No matter how hard this is, it is more mature. Also, it's extremely easy to screw up a comeback. Instead of planning a whole speech, just show that you don't care. They want to get a reaction from you, so don't grant them your attention.

So you can either follow those steps up there if your a more peaceful person, but if you want to do more than just ignore them and give them a piece of your mind, follow these steps:

1. Try to find out why they hate you: Yeah I know this isn't violent or anything but it's best to know why the hate you first before you try anything. There are many reasons why someone could hate you. They could be jealous of what you have.

 2. Talk to them: Taking to them is WAY better than using revenge on that person.

3. Two wrongs don't make a right: This is one of the hardest things to do. I understand you may ask yourself "Why can't I hurt their feelings when they do it to me all the time?" I get it, but you should be the more mature one and not try to hurt their feelings because in the end, you are the enemy.

4. If all else fails, then go ahead and make a smart comment: You tried to make piece between them and if they just keep picking on you, make a smart comment back. Just remember that you don't need to curse it out because there are millions of comebacks that don't have to do with cursing.

So this is all I have for you this month and if you need something more specific, just comment below and I'll try to answer them the best I can!

The quote of the month is:

“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.”

– Theodore Roosevelt