5. An unexpected surprise

~Super short update, sorry!

Felicity was lying on her stomach browsing Netflix when she noticed a light on her phone blinking. It meant she had some kind of notification.

"Probably just some stupid email," Felicity told herself as she unlocked it.

To her surprise it was her period tracker. It would send her alerts from time to time, things she'd usually ignore.

She opened it up and was greeted with a message that said "Did you forget to input your period?"

"What?" Felicity yelled out to no one.

She scanned through the previous month and noticed it was blank, except for one thing.

"This can't be..." Felicity looked at her last entry.

The last time she added something to the calendar was the day she and Oliver had sex.

Felicity removed her glasses and rubbed her forehead. She couldn't believe this was happening. She couldn't be pregnant. She absolutely couldn't. She hadn't even had any symptoms.

"Calm down...calm down. You need to take a test first." She thought out loud.

She shoved her laptop away and grabbed her car keys.

She couldn't care less that she was leaving in sweatpants, a Star labs t-shirt and flip flops.

She drove to a pharmacy down the street and grabbed the first pregnancy test she could find. She didn't want to risk running into someone she knew by browsing the aisle longer than she should.

"Pregnancy test hmm?" The elderly lady behind the register commented.

"Mhmm..." Felicity said hoping the lady would hurry up.

"Husband's or boyfriends?" She asked.

"What?" Felicity gasped at her bluntness.

"You're not wearing a ring though..." The woman held the box in her hands.

"Please just ring it up so I can go." Felicity sighed.

"You're going to leave me guessing?" The old woman asked.

Felicity had enough. She pulled out a $10 bill and placed it on the counter. Taking the test from the other woman's hand she left.

The elderly cashier stared at the door. She just missed her chance of potential gossip.

Felicity sped back to her apartment and took the test. Now the only thing left to do was to wait. 

...

She had set a timer and was now pacing back and forth as she waited for it to go off. Meanwhile, thoughts were running around in her mind nonstop. 

Am I pregnant?

What am I going to do?

How am I going to tell Oliver?

Should I tell Oliver?

*beep*

The alarm sounded off and startled Felicity. She took one final deep breath and then turned it off.

"Okay, you can do this. It's just a test. It's just a test..." Felicity willed her feet to take her towards the counter. She was seconds away from finding out something that could change her life forever. 

She picked up the stick and brought it towards her face.

"Here goes nothing," she whispered to herself. 

As Felicity looked into the small window for the results, she let out a small gasp.

"Holy frack!" She screamed as it fell from her hands. 

The words pregnant stared back at her from the floor. 

~The next update will be way longer!