Chapter 19

I had no solid idea how to escape this hell.

How can I possibly get out in here? Winn isn't the only problem I had. There are the twins and his witch grandmother. Not to add this place, on top of a cliff. I don't have any idea where the hell I am, just thinking of my exact location gives me migraine. Even if I were to escape... where can I go?

I silently walked out of the bathroom as soon as I had composed myself. I tip-toed out of the room, down the stairs. The living room was deserted. I exhaled out of relief as I carefully made my way to the kitchen.

I don't now what I'm doing or what exactly am I doing in here.

I massaged my temple. Think, Hope. Think! I gingerly made my way to the kitchen drawers and my eyes flickered with distress when I saw a shining blade on one of the drawers I'm looking in. I pulled out the 6 inches sharp utility knife. I can clearly see my dreadful reflection on the blade. This will do. I touch the edge with my index finger and gently glide it onto the sharp blade. It surely cut me and slowly, slight amount of blood continuously flows out of the small cut.

I won't let myself be stuck in this place without fighting back. I frown at the sudden thought of using this thing to someone. Can I really do it... to hurt someone? I wasn't sure with the answer. I shake the thought of stabbing someone with this knife. I'll just use this... just in case.

"Hope..." 

I dropped the knife onto the kitchen counter. My heart skip a beat as I hastily turned around and met the eyes of Winn which is widely open while staring at me with pure horror. Adrenaline is rushing through my veins as my chest heaved.

"What are you doing?" He asked, taking a big step closer to me.

I quickly pick up the knife which I had dropped a while ago and carry it shakily using my trembling hands. The knife was pointing to Winn's direction. He immediately stop to his tracks. His gaze is dropping back and forth to the knife pointed on him and to me whom scarcely holds it.

He hover his hands and acted as if trying to steal the knife away from me. I push myself to the corner of the kitchen as he warily take each step to my direction. "Drop that thing Hope." He commanded in a deadly serious tone.

"No!" I announced while taking side steps.

We were just walking in circles inside the small kitchen. Both of our senses are sharp and wary to the actions we're both going to do. "Why can't you just let me go?" I yelled.

"I can't do that." He abruptly stop from his trail and look intense at me. "Now, if you can only drop that knife, so we can walk out in here without hurting one of us."

I snorted crazily. "Without hurting one of us? So do you really think that what you've done to my life wasn't insanely tormenting for me?" I grasp the knife tightly.

"Drop. the. knife." He said once again, his voice is incredibly low then he took a quick step closer to me.

"Step back!"

However, he took another step, larger this time.

"I will kill you Winn. I certainly will, once you take another step towards me."

He didn't even think of my threat and just walk closer to me. I waste no time and swung the knife. I hit him by his left shoulder, by the time I did it, I can feel the blade piercing his arm; the blade penetrated his flesh like pig's meat being slice into pieces. I was dumbstruck at what I did, it felt so wrong and the horrors of stabbing him had blocked my thoughts which made me froze in shock.

I was astounded for a moment of what I had done, that I seemingly forgot that Winn can still fight me back despite the injury I had caused him. It all happened like a flash of lightning. I didn't stood a chance as soon as Winn's tough hand caught the handle of the knife. He forcefully pulled it out from me and when he had succeed, he tossed it far away from us.