Chapter 2

*

I looked at my surroundings. My eyes were frisky despite lacking rest and sleep. I tugged my books into my chest tightly as I walked in the corridor looking below, taking fast but careful steps.

I've arrived to my Chemistry class earlier than usual. I was the first one who came. Good. That's exactly what I wanted. I buried myself in the farthest seat in the corner of the room, hiding myself from anyone. I laid my books on top of my desk as I picked up my chemistry book and started to scribble on the pages, reading anything that was necessary to the topics for this week's lesson.

I tried my best and hardest to absorb what was written on it, but my brain wasn't functioning properly and all it did was to rewind the memories from last night.

I massaged my temples as I cleared my throat, hoping it would help me understand at least one topic from my book. But neither of it helped, I didn't feel sleepy either, which was kinda surprising... knowing myself; I would rather choose sleep over studying but because of last night's shock, my senses were sharp. I was also a little paranoid & anxious of almost everything.

The feeling of being followed never left me. I was terrified of almost everything. Like what happened earlier when my father dropped me off at my school I felt the eerie feeling of being watched and the first person I saw that was definitely suspicious and beyond any normal human being looked like he was wearing a hood and I swear he was looking directly in my direction.

I didn't run away nor hide from him, instead I walked in his direction and as I was about to confront him, he began to walk away. That made my suspicions stronger about him so I ran to confront him. I did catch him, but in the end, I found out that he was a CID and is currently in undercover.

Then there was this man in my History class that kept on looking in my direction, again I confronted him too, but in the end he confessed to me that he was looking at the student that was just right behind me because he had a huge crush on him. Yes, it's a him, because the one that was behind my seat is the captain of our football team.

He told me to keep it a secret.

"Hey!" I jumped from my seat, startled and gasped audibly as I felt a cold hand holding my right shoulder. I looked up and saw Winn.

His expression became serious. He didn't say anything, neither did his eyes leave me as he positioned himself. He grabbed the nearest seat in front of him and placed it across my table. He sat on it, his eyes still looking stern.

"Oh my gosh, Winn! You startled me," I began to compose myself and sat quietly in my seat.

His eyes still, never left on me. He narrowed his eyes even more as if he was unearthing what's inside my head.

He looked at me for more second until he began to speak. "30 seconds. What happened to you?"

I looked at him, bemused by what he just said.

There was an utter silence between us, even the ticking of the clock was completely audible throughout the entire room. I widened my eyes as I digested what he said.

He knows me. He knew me even better than I knew myself. He must have read my expressions and noticed my abrupt behavior from our classes up to this time. We were classmates for all subjects, but I haven't had the time to talk to him considering we were only a seat apart and sometimes just beside each other.

I thought he hasn't noticed because he never said a word about it, but now I was completely busted.

Realizing that time is running I began to speak, "I--I... Uhm... not just f-feeling w-w-well," That answer was unacceptable. I did know that. It was ludicrous, anyone could've noticed how I have spoken at such ridiculous lies as I stuttered and paused.