Lesson 14: Reject-o-mento

We arrived at the party when it was at its peak. Even though we were next door, it did take up to 2 hours to get ready. Well, Sandy and Hailey. I didn't ask Hailey to straighten my hair or Sandy to do my make up. We left, I remembered to lock the door and hide the key before heading next door and my God, I was already greeted by someone puking their guts out.

Yuck.

We entered the house and I could feel the heavy gaze of many drunk, hormonal teen boys bore their eyes into Sandy, Hailey and I. We entered the lounge, I suppose it wasn't so much of a lounge as the furniture was pushed against the wall and the glass items were removed from the premises.

"C'mon! Let's dance ladies!" Sandy shouted at us. Yet we barely heard as because of the loud music. Hailey and I followed Sandy through the thick crowd, I was careful not to brush past any dancing bodies. Sandy reached a spot in the room which catered for the three of us. We faced each other in a triangular fashion, the CD player paused as the next song came on and we got our groove on.

I knew I was bad at singing, but my dancing skills managed to serve me justice. Just as expected - by Sandy and Hailey - we would gain attention. Of course we would, we weren't wearing the most modest of outfits and we were dancing.

The song ended and Sandy excused herself momentarily to get us drinks. "Why do I have a feeling she's going to say something about Carter when she gets back?" I mouthed to Hailey.

She smiled and nodded. She mouthed "because she will" back. We continued to dance, our bodies in perfect sync with the music - I just hoped when Sandy comes back she won't tell me to dance with a potentially drunk Carter.

"Hello ladies," Jack greeted loudly. I smiled at him, Hailey bit her lip before her lips tipped up.

"Hi Jack," she mouthed to him. I just wanted to 'awww' at her. It was pretty obvious she was head over heels for him.

Can't he take a hint?

"Why don't you two dance? I'm going to look for Sandy," I suggested. Hailey's eyes widened fractionally, and she started to shake her head slightly.

"Sure," Jack accepted whilst he shrugged.

"You've got this," I mouthed toto Hailey and gave a look before I winked. She pursed her lips. I turned away from the pair and started to make my way out of the crowd, I took the same path as Sandy. I entered the kitchen.

Carter was in there talking to his best friend: Jayden. Very much like Carter, he was good looking. He had swept black hair, rich brown eyes, high cheek bones, firm jaw line - but with a slightly crooked nose. He was more tanned too.

Suddenly, I got very shy.

Carter looked directly at me. First confused and then disbelieved. "Bree, is that you?" He asked.

"I'm insulted," I informed him, looking him straight in the eye. His eyes were unfocused - slightly scared - he looked at me as if it was a moment of deja vu.

"You hear that Carter. She is insulted. Sorry Milady, I'm just starting to teach Carter the art of chivalry. Hello, I'm Jayden but you can call me Jay," Jayden replied. I gave him a very flat look.

Oh God, please don't say I have another Lucas to deal with.

As Jayden spoke, he made his way over to me - checking me out whilst I was at it. Carter was glaring at he back He reached for my hand, slowly bringing it towards his lips. I pulled it back. He raised an eyebrow.

"Enough with the sweet talk - Carter where's Sandy? I'm sure she came in here... I might've been mistaken." I took a step back from Jayden so I could look at Carter. My eyes uncharacteristically wanting to meet his gaze. From my peripheral vision I saw Jayden give a look, almost as if he was calculating something.