Lesson 5: Spend Time With The Player

The school was buzzing with fundraising ideas, everyone wanted to go Hawaii. Often the teachers complained because they weren't allowed to participate, they cursed how lucky we were and hoped an ungrateful jerk didn't win. I didn't blame them, it would suck if someone who didn't appreciate it won but I doubt that they'll try hard enough in the first place. Problem solved.

I left the school building and walked to the car park, everyone was saying their goodbyes for the evening or carpooling with one another. I reached my mom's car, she picked me up since Sandy had plans with Hudson.

"Hey mom," I greeted, I swiftly got in shotgun.

"Hello sweetie, how was school?" Mom started the car and pulled away from the sidewalk.

"It was good - there isn't a lot of work to do because it's reaching the end of the year but at the same time we're being prepped for senior year," I told her.

"That's good. How's Sandy?"

"Sandy is good. You'd think at the end of the academic year people would be half dead but she's in high spirits."

"And Carter? You two are friends right? I did see him outside the house talking to you and Sandy." I paused, wondering if my mom had an ulterior motive.

"Erm... well I don't know I haven't spent enough time with him to say we're friends but from the looks of it he seems alright."

"Well that's good to hear because tonight we're going to have dinner over at the Cohen's." And she rips the bandage right off. Ouch.

"That's alright." My pocket vibrated, I slipped out my phone and read the message.

Sandy: Lesson 5: spend time with the player ;) have fun at dinner I won't be too late

I scowled at Sandy's impeccable timing and then scowled at the text. Well this surely would be eventful.

 * 

My mom set out an outfit on my bed. My protests against it were that they've already seen me so why do I have to look my absolute best? I decided not to kick up a fuss. I slipped on the pale blue dress, the dress which was my mom's favourite for me because it matched the colour of my eyes. I liked it because it wasn't fancy and can be accepted at a casual dinner party without gaining any unnecessary attention. I decided to keep my legs bare then I brushed my hair back but ruffled it to make it feel more natural and I placed on a necklace which had a pretty pendant at the end of it. I didn't bother with make up because if I was following Sandy's steps correctly that would be me not being me. If that made any sense.

I quickly put on ballet flats and slipped my little pouch so I could carry my phone and I swiftly made my way downstairs. Mom and Dad were ready and were at the bottom at the stairs. My Dad crossed his arms and shook his head in disapproval. "You better not be trying to please that young lad next door," He warned. I rolled my eyes at his overprotectiveness.

"Well hello to you too Dad. First of all Mom chose this outfit and second of all if you're trying to imply that this dress is skimpy just know that Cinderella didn't have to strip to find her Prince Charming so neither do I."

"Well she is definitely your daughter," Mom remarked.

Soon enough we were outside the Cohen's property. My mom rang the doorbell and within 30 seconds was open by a very excited Kylee.

"Good afternoon Holly and Michael. And Bree, don't you look beautiful! Come on in!" She announced excitedly. I can now clearly see where Sandy's giddiness came from. My mom quickly embraced Kylee, and my Dad swapped pleasantries with her. I went to embrace her as my mom did but instead Kylee pinched my cheeks.