Ch#8: I am scared

The party had been surprising from the starting till end. But at the end both Tify and Ian were happy.

Tify and Ian decided to call each other later and Tify went to find Hillary.

She was standing with Wilsy talking animatedly. Tify went ahead and approached both of them.

Tify smiled at Wilsy and said Ian is there pointing to the backside. Wilsy nodded and ruffled his hair with one hand hesitating to say something.

And finally he asked Hillary
Would you like to catch for a coffee sometime?

Hillary smiled and asked for his mobile. Wisly handed his phone and she hurriedly typed something and slid the phone back in his hands.

Are you alright Tify? Should we head to home? It is getting late and i am keeping you past curfew, your parents must be worried.

Yes. Lets go Hillary, i have to resume school from tomorrow.

As they walked out, Ian saw them both and hurried towards Wilsy.

Wilsy had a silly grin on his face and he did not even acknowledge when Ian came and stood besides him.

           -----------------------------
The morning looked much more better than the last few she had endured. She looked at the alarm clock and her eyes opened wide.

I slept beyond 10 A.M. I am gonna be so dead when i reach school.

She checked her phone and it had a message from Hillary.
Good morning! Wake up already. I need to talk to you and classes are cancelled because their is some Parent teacher session. I had already told your parents so you are still sleeping.
Get up and call me, its urgent!!!

She sighed and rolled down her bed. And she heard the door bell ring. She got up wearing her comfy slippers.

When she opened the door a courier boy greeted her.

Hello mam, are you Tify?

Yes, i am.

Ok, please sign here. I have a package for you.

She creased her eyebrows and signed hesitantly. The guy handed him a card. She read it and beamed immediately.

The guy came back in few seconds carrying a fishbowl and a peacefully swimming fish inside it.

Here mam, hope you have a nice day.

Her mouth opened and closed but the courier guy had gone before she could ask anything more.

There was a packet attached to the back of the card and it had a slip which read fish food.

She closed the door and took the fish bowl to her room and placed it carefully on her study table. She then moved to her bed picking up the phone and called Ian. After few seconds he picked up.

Hie beautiful, miss me already?

Ian, you sent a fish to my house? How do you even know my address?

What are you talking about Tify? Is this a prank?

No Ian i am serious. And please stop kidding and tell me.

Tify i am serious i dont know anything about this and i dont know your address.

Then who has sent me this? I am scared Ian. Who else knows about us besides your and my friend?

I dont know Tify. Please you dont panic. I will come to your home as soon as i can. Text me your address.

Before she could say anything he had hung up on her. She had no choice but to text her address. She was scared but she only trusted Ian.

Her phone beeped
I will be there in an hour.

She looked at the clock, it had been 1.5 hours since she had woken up. She realised that she was a mess and needed to look good before Ian came home.

She hopped into the shower immediately and at record breaking time got out of bathroom and started scanning her closet to wear something classy and not something which would come as desperate to him.

She took out her sky blue sundress and matched it with the blue bellies she had got last month while shopping with Hillary. She was not in the mood to buy the bellies but now she was happy that Hillary had forced her to buy them.

She put on her dress and sat to comb her hairs. She let them open. She applied a generous amount of eye liner and a hint of pink lipstick borrowed from her mothers dressing table.

Then she got up and headed towards the kitchen.

I can perhaps make some mac and cheese till Ian arrives.

She emptied the contents of the pasta inside the microwaveable bowl. Sliding the bowl inside the microwave she set the timer and went to the living room.

It looked perfectly clean and tidy. Her mother and father were cleanliness freaks. And as she ended her scan of the room, she heard the doorbell.

She opened the door and looked at Ian. He was wearing a white shirt and beige trouser. His hair was gelled to perfection and his grin was the best part on him at that moment.

Hey Tify!

She came back to reality pushing Ian inside and shut the door before anybody in the neighbour could see him.

Woha! Slow down there.

Sorry Ian but i have never had a male friend so i might get into trouble if somebody saw you and told my parents.

Relax Tify. Now tell me where is the fishbowl?

Yes, its in my room. Come i will show you.

And she heard a beep. She smiled at Ian and signalled him to wait for five minutes.

She went inside the kitchen and carefully took out the bowl after wearing the oven mittens. Then she put the mac and cheese on two separate dishes and placed forks on each. Holding both the dishes in her hand she went to the living room.

Ian was sitting patiently on the bean bags waiting for Tify.

Here, hold one of them. Hopefully you like them. I am really hungry so i had put these in the microwave before you came.

Thanks Tify. These are fine by me.

They both sat on the bean bag and ate their pasta.

Ian, you look nice.

Thank you. You look pretty.

She blushed a little with his compliments. When they finished she put the the dishes for cleaning.

Come Ian, my room is this way and its no way as awesome as your room was.

They entered Tify's room. Ian froze on the spot and whispered

African butterfly..

         *************************
A cliff hanger :D

Comment or vote. 😘