Project Superhuman - Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Jeremy's POV

I leant down slowly, and pressed my lips to hers. I put my arms on her shoulders, but pulled away a few seconds later and looked away. "I'm sorry," I muttered.

"Why?"

"It's Five... you know he'd be upset..."

"I'm sure he'd understand."

"But we both know he really likes you."

"Yeah... you're probably right..."

"It's a bad idea," I agreed, before looking back at her.

"We shouldn't."

"Yeah, I think he'd be upset."

"Very bad idea."

"There's no way we could."

"Definitely-"

I cut her off by kissing her again, forgetting everything we'd said just a few seconds ago. I felt her hands on my shoulders, and I responded by putting my hands around her neck underneath her hair.

A long while later, I pulled away and pressed my forehead against hers, and smiled. "I'm sure he'll be fine about it."

"You think?"

"Definitely," I responded, before kissing her again.

Five's POV

"Hey!" I said brightly as Jeremy and Autumn walked through the door. "Anything happen while you were gone?"

"Uh..." Jeremy looked at Autumn with a questioning look. She just smiled warmly and nodded, then turned to leave.

As soon as she left, Jeremy started giggling wildly.

I raised an eyebrow. "What's got you so loopy?"

"I kissed her!"

"Who?"

"Autumn! I kissed her! I actually kissed her!"

"You... what? Why?"

"Because... because I don't know! I have no idea why I..."

I laughed. "Don't hurt yourself!"

"I... are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?"

"You took that... a lot better than I expected."

"Yeah, I've been listening to music today, and it's changed my view on things completely!"

"What? Who have you been listening to?"

"It doesn't matter, but the lyrics are so meaningful! Someone heard me listening to them earlier who had all of their CDs with them, so they let me listen to them! They're really good!"

"Okay then... what's your favourite song?"

"There's so many! I love them all! You know, people can have entirely red hair!"

"Yeah, I think I know who you're talking about... yeah, anyway, are you sure you're okay about it?"

"Yeah, it's fine!"

"Wow, this band are really having an effect on you, aren't they?"

"Yup!" I replied brightly.

"That's good, yeah. So we're cool?"

"Of course!"

"Oh. That went better than I expected."

I began to hum a song.

"Wow, you really like that band now." He thought silently for a minute. "How about when we get out of here, we go. We'll get you an iPod or something, and you never have to go back go that place. I've got money, enough to keep us going for the rest of our lives. What do you say?"

I grinned, but then it faded. "What about Autumn? Her dad..."

His face fell.

"We'll find a way. I promised I'd get you out of that place, and if it means leaving her behind... then... I guess... I'll have to."

He didn't notice Autumn stood behind him. She looked like she was about to cry, but I knew she wouldn't.

She turned on her heel and walked away, ignoring his shouts.

____

Yes, you're not hallucinating. This is an ACTUAL upload. Sorry it's short and, uh... not very good. I'll get back into it soon. Promise (: