Project Superhuman Chapter 9 - The Fight

Chapter 9

The next few days were some of the best of my life. Jeremy was given the job title 'Carer', so he never left my side.

Autumn came in whenever she could, which was quite often. My hair was getting easier and easier to do. At first, I had to have help to get it right, but most of the time I could do it on my own.

Jeremy on the other hand, had to have help every day to get his hair right. One time, he came in with the weirdest hair style ever.

At the back, there was an incredibly uneven faux-hawk. At the front, on one side, it was smooth, but on the other, it was messy. I laughed until my sides hurt.

Despite the fact that it was him that was being laughed at, Jeremy joined in.

"What're you reading?" Autumn asked. I quickly glanced to the header.

"The Shining, by Stephen King."

"Any good?"

"It's amazing," Jeremy answered for me.

"You've read it?"

"For English at school. Haven't you?"

"Nope."

"Right, forgot you're a beauty college student," Jeremy commented, looking at her OK! magazine.

"I'm looking for hair styles!"

Jeremy rolled his eyes.

"It's probably better than what you're reading."

"I'm reading a book."

"Yes..."

"Which is a whole lot different from a magazine."

I sat and watched in amusement as Autumn and Jeremy bickered.

"Not by much."

"How is OK! the same as Wind in the Willows?"

I was surprised by this.

"You're reading that?" I cut in.

"Yeah. Why?"

"It's just... not the thing I'd expect you to read, that's all." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What would you expect me to be reading?" He asked in amusement.

"Harry Potter?" I asked.

"That's pretty good, but not really my style. I prefer the classics," he told me.

"Do you like Agatha Christie?"

"Yeah. Why?" He questioned, now curious.

"Have you got any? I've only got Murder on the Orient Express, and I kinda wanted to read some more."

"Course." He smiled.

I looked down and started to read my book.

I only read the first few lines when a huge black blur swept across my vision.

"Stupid fringe!" I muttered, pushing it out of the way.

"Just fix it already! It's starting to annoy even me!" Autumn complained.

"Okay, fine, I'm going... mother" I muttered the last part.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Nothing!" I called.

I looked down to find my pot of hair gel completely gone.

"My-"

A fresh pot hit me in the head before I could finish my sentence.