Chapter Ten: The Invitation

Haha! I love the P.D.A. comment! That made me laugh ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________

He sighed and sat back into a sitting position. I thought it was because of what I said so I felt a bit hurt. You know, I thought he didn't want to work things out but then he said, "You need to see my parents."

I was sulking so I didn't actually hear him at first. Then I processed what he said. "What?"

He looked at me while running his hand through his hair. "My parents are coming up to visit and I want you to see them. You know, to know we're back together and stuff." He gave me a failed attempt of a grin because we both knew what this meant. Ethan's parents weren't ones who liked mistakes and they didn't like me much either. So how would they feel if I showed up with Avory? I didn't think they'd be too happy.

"Well," I started. "When are they coming?"

He looked at me with a sympathetic look on his face. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" The least he could have done was give me notice, you know. I have to build up my self-esteem because his parents liked to break you down. And with his parents would be his little sister who didn't like me. Not even a little bit. I remeber when Ethan first brought me to his parents and she said, "You know, you're too much of a bitch to be liked." I really didn't regard myself as a bitch so I asked Ethan if there was something wrong with her. Like anger issues and something. And he said that she did that to any girl he brought home. So I just thought of it as a jealousy thing but then his whole family didn't like me! "What happened to a warning or something?! Now I have to buy nice clothes for me and Avory! Oh my gosh, this is-"

"Just wear what you normally wear! My parents aren't going to care!"

Yes they- hey Avory, stop that!" Avory, amidst our converstion, had somehow gotten sand into his juice and was pouring it all over himself. I had to get up and crawl around Ethan just to stop him. But, everytime I tried to go around, Ethan would ge tin the way so I had to crawl over him, exactly what he wanted. He watched me as I took the juice from Avory and took the blanket to wipe him off. "You're going to be all sticky now," I whined.

Ethan, who was watching me, grab me at the sides and flipped me into his lap. It was sort of embarassing because people were watching and commenting on how cute or daring we were. But it wasn't me! Ethan did it!

I tried to push myself up but Ethan wrapped his arms around me and locked me into place. "Just act normal," he spoke in my ear which sint a mini shiver down my spine. "Please."

"Okay! Just let me go," I kept squirming but it didn't get me anywhere.

"What if I don't want to," he asked while brushing his fingers across my stomach... in public!!! "What if I wanted to-"

"No!"

"You don't even know what I was going to say," he protested with a hint of whining in his voice.

"It was going to be something sexual!" Whenever we are in this sort of situation, he always says something sexual. It's like it's his job or something. "So no!"

He sighed, letting me go, saying, "You're no fun. Come on, Avory, let's go play in the water while your mom thinks about tomorrow." Wow, I didn't know I had a choice. Usually, when it involved his parents, he'd take me by force. The first time, I was actually going to the mall with some friends but he took my phone and told them to "Fuck off." But I wanted to actually full on think about it because I can't run away from his family if we wanted to work things out... right?

________________________________________________________________________________

I was pacing the kitchen while Ethan sat at the table, watching me. Here and there, he'd give me his input but then I'd shut him down then say something negative. He wasn't helping just sitting there and giving a few worded answer. I mean, he was sitting there absentmindedly cleaning up Avory after his messy encounter with spaghetti. "Your parents hate me!"

"No they don't," he laughed.

"Why are you laughing?!"

"Because this is the third time I've told you this. You'd think you understood by now but I guess not." He continued to laugh and wipe Avory off while I stood there, looking at him with disbelief. I was seriously having a crisis and he laughs! He was so unbelievable! "I'm serious, Sophia." Oh, there's the full name again.

I flopped into a chair next to him and faced him. "Me too. They didn't like me before, why would they like me now," I pouted.

In return, he sighed and placed a perfectly spaghetti free hand onto my head. Remember when I told you he'd do this from time to time? Well, in this case, it was one that meant quit qorrying. "Look, I love my parents but if they don't like you, we'll leave." He smiled, one that wanted me to burst into tears and hug him to death.

"What about-"

"Yeah she can go too. She's sixteen by now, she doesn't need to rely on her older borther." He paused. "So, since I helped you in all, can we-"

"You're sick," I laughed and pushed him playfully. He grabed my arms and pulled me to him. Avory, who was sitting on the table, thought we were wrestling and jumped on us. I wrapped my arms around his legs while Ethan caught him by the shoulders. "Boy! You could've got yourself killed." Ethan, who was laughing, released my arm and placed it on my neck, crashing my lips to his. At first, I was suprised but then I responded by placing my free hand on the side of his neck. "Ethan." I stopped it before we went too far. "There's a baby present."

Ethan rolled his eyes and set Avory on the ground. I retreated and went to the stove where the leftover spaghetti resided. Secretly, when Ethan wasn't looking, I gave a little smile. I might have been the one to pull away but no one exactly said I wanted to.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow, I'm going to correct all chapters!!! Happens every ten chapters, sometimes five, so... EXPECT IT!