Chapter Five: Mixed Feelings

Thank you so much for sticking with me guys! I really appreciate it. Words can't even describe how I feel right now. Anways...... ENJOY!!! :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Given the fact that I just stood there dumbfounded, I understand why Carter got tired with me. He just shook his head and went on about his business, leaving me to lean against my car. I just couldn't understand why Ethan would do such a thing. If you were in my position, you wouldn't either. We're talking about the guy who left me two years ago. And then you had to take into account how bad Mason was hurt. I knew that Ethan cold get agressive and, when in a fight, can nearly kill someone. But those were unintentional, they were spur of the moment. This time, Ethan had a reason as to why he would defend me, I had  no idea.

I couldn't stand the silence of the parking lot so I decided I wanted to find my two classes (Human Anatomy and Physiology) that I was going to have the next day. In the mail, they told us to go to our first four classes on Sturday and Sunday but morge into our block schedule on Monday. Because of this, I knew that I didn't have any classes with Ethan. I mean, he's not interested in being a doctor so of course he wouldn't take Human Anatomy or Physiology. I was glad that he was out of my hair in that respect but the Mason incident kept brnging him back into my head. And, it was funny, I haven't heard a thing from Brian.

Then again, he was the least of my worries. What I was worried about at the moment was gas, which is why I was walking to find my two classes. They were both in the Sciences building which wasn't very far from where I had parked. Next to the parking lot was the Main Building which was where my math class was. If I walked through the doors that I used to go to my math class and walk keep walking straight, I would come to another set of doors. When I exited those, there was a stone path that led to another building guarded by various trees to the right. To the left, there was the lunch plaza where people were sitting and talking to each other.

I wasn't really a people person so I went to find my two classes. According to their room number (308 and 300), they were both on the third floor. I pushed through the front doors and quickly went up the steps to my left. The way they decorated this place was really fascinating. Occasionally, I would glance at the painting of a person smiling or the beach. Then I wouldn't glance back up the stairs to watch out for people who were standing around, talking.

When I was headed up the second flight of stairs, I glanced back at the wall again but then ran into someone. At first, I was afraid that I ran into Ethan again so I was about to hurry up and run around. Don't worry, I was going to give a quick apology. But it wasn't Ethan. "Sohpia," Brian turned around.

I smiled and looked around, no Ethan in sight. "Brian!" He tackled me into one of those big hugs, one that suprises a person. It suprised me so much that I gave a little squeak. When he pulled away, I got a good look at his features and noticed that he did look so much like Ethan. His hair was spiked and it was blonde except with a bit of brown streaks in it. His eyes were a darker blue than Ethan's though, and he was definately taller. Ethan, on the other hand, was no more than five inches taller than I was whereas Brian was a foot taller. Their hair was also different. Ethan was a dirty blonde which gave Avory a lighter tint of brown hair where as mine was so much darker. And Ethan's eyes were a prominent blue versus Brian's subtle ones.

"How's little man doin'?" He gave me a charming crooked smile. Ethan never gave me those... why was I thinking about him? "'Causing trouble, I bet!" He laughed.

"Of course," I laughed along with him. Brian wasn't such a bad guy. I guess it was the fact that he was Ethan's friend that made me want to get away from him and his friends so quick when we first met.