Chapter 54

Y/N'S POV

The month was finally here..I had officially carried our child for 9 months, which meant he or she could be due any moment or day now. That meant that Wayne Manor had been on edge, but a comfortable on edge.
Ria was talking to me about baby names and tips on what to do with our child. I was so clueless and really needed Ria's advice. I was not like other women who knew everything, and this was because my parents tried so hard to keep me away from it.

Ria snapped me out of my thoughts, and I quickly apologized for not hearing her out.

Ria waved it off and said,"I understand. I understand. How are you holding up?"

I put my hand over my stomach and said,"Fine, I cannot help but feel nervous and excited at the same time. Look at Bruce..."

Ria and I turned to see Bruce trying to make sure everything in the emergency bag was packed. I giggled softly while Ria just smiled and looked back at me. She held out her hands, and I smiled putting mine in hers.

Ria gave my hands a comforting squeeze and said,"You will be fine, N/N. If you feel unsure about this, then know Bruce will be there with you every step and scream all the way to the hospital.."

I chuckled at Ria's last statement, but I nodded saying,"Thanks, Ria. That means a lot to me, really..I-"

I felt something wet go down my leg and winced in pain. Baby's coming..Ria left out to get me some water, but she was not in the room to understand what I meant by this.

She rubbed my knuckles and said confused,"What is it, Y/N?"

I whimpered and squeezed her hand tightly saying,"Ria...Bat-signal.."

Ria immediately understood and picked me up. She was way stronger than she looked..Ria gently put me in Bruce's arms, before he hurried me to the back seat of the Batmobile.

I went to argue against it, but I screamed in pain feeling the contractions.

Bruce kissed my forehead and said,"Hang on, sweetheart. We are going to get you to the hospital..."

I nodded and reached for Bruce's hand. Bruce gladly gave it to me, before I squeezed his hand tighter and screamed again. I could see Bruce's face becoming paler by the second. I did not need Bruce passing out on me, before I even got to the hospital...
I yelped in pain again and felt someone jump over the seat. I looked up and saw Ria. She sent me a soft smile, before she put a wet cloth over my head. I sent her a thankful nod but held on tighter to Bruce's hands.

Bruce kissed my cheek and yelled,"WE ARE NOT GONNA MAKE IT!! RIA, PLEASE GET US TO LESLIE!!"

Ria nodded and kissed my forehead, before she got into the driver's seat and took it off of auto pilot. Ria stepped on it and drove us to Leslie's clinic. I loved how we kept bothering Leslie, but she never seemed upset about it. I was unsure of it at first, but Bruce and Ria reassured me that Leslie would not mind...

Bruce carried me over the seat and rushed me inside.

The doctors tried to make Bruce leave, but I heard a familiar voice yell,"STOP!! THEY ARE WITH ME!! COME ON!!"

Leslie motioned for Bruce to follow her, as he ran me through the halls. Bruce finally sat me down, before Leslie hovered over me.

Ria went to leave to give us privacy, but I grabbed her arm and said in pain,"Stay? Please..."

Ria nodded and took the other side of my bed.

Leslie said,"All right, Mrs. Wayne, let's get the little one..Ready to push, Honey? Take deep breaths and we'll take care of you."

I nodded and Bruce gave me a good luck kiss, before Leslie spread out my legs and motioned for me to start pushing. I took a deep breath and pushed hard.
Leslie encouraged me to go on even though it was only the first, because I truly needed it. I looked down and could see the blood appear from between my legs. Bruce looked like he was about to faint, which made me roll my eyes. Why was he about to faint? I just weakly smiled and screamed as I pushed again.

HOURS LATER...

Sweat and tears poured down my face as I gave my last and final push. Bruce managed to pull himself together and stayed conscious to push me through the pain and stress.

Bruce kissed my jaw and held on for a minute saying,"Way to hang in there, beautiful. Way to hang in there.."

I smiled up at Bruce and pecked his lips, before Leslie and Ria cleaned off the baby.

Leslie said,"CONGRATULATIONS, IT'S A BOY!! What is his name, Mrs. Wayne?"

Ria gently held Bruce and I's baby boy and then she handed the little one to me.

I smiled as my little boy played with my finger and said,"His name is Tom. In memory of Bruce's father.."

Bruce smiled down at me through his tears and kissed me saying,"I love you so much. Can I hold him?"

I immediately nodded and handed Tom to Bruce. The minute Tom snuggled into Bruce, Bruce's eyes softened and he immediately brought Tom closer. Tom tried to reach Bruce's nose, before Bruce leaned down closer to Tom. Tom continued to play with Bruce, and I adored watching the two of them. Ria and Leslie put their hands on my shoulder in comfort, before I put mine over theirs. I felt my eyelids getting droopy and fell into a much-needed sleep.