Chapter 5

Y/N'S POV

  Once I made it to the front door, I knocked on it lightly. When the door opened, I was greeted by Alfred.

  I sent him a soft smile and asked him,"Would you mind if I stayed here for a couple of days? No longer. I really would appreciate it."

  Alfred nodded and I did not know whether he was really okay with it, until he said,"Miss L/N, please come in. Master Bruce would not mind, and neither would I. Please come in. Please."

  I smiled and grabbed my suitcase from my car. Yeah, ahead of time, I had a suitcase packed in case I ever got into a situation like this. That suitcase had been kept in the trunk of my car. I would highly suggest being prepared ahead of time..
  Alfred laughed at seeing my suitcase, but he led me inside. Then, Alfred guided me to one of the spare rooms of Wayne Manor. Wayne Manor was so beautiful, but I always wondered how did Bruce not get lost here?

  I began to unpack my suitcase and Bruce leaned on my open door.

  I sent him a soft smile, before he sent me one back and said,"Are you here for payback for the restaurant?"

  I laughed and shook my head saying,"No. Something else.."

  Bruce sat down on the bed I was going to be sleeping on, before he said,"Sit down and enlighten me."

  I sat down and sighed saying,"Well, it turns out Chris has been making deals with Black Mask and they bumped heads. He has been involved in countless robberies and bank heists, which is starting to make sense to me. Black Mask found out Chris was planning on getting him back, so he attacked my home and knew Chris was with me. Now, Chris is being sent to prison and I have no idea when he gets out. Bruce, I..I tried to figure out what he was doing, but he made it so easy to steer me away from it. Maybe I deserved it."

  A few tears fell down my face, but I refused to shed anymore for Chris.

  Bruce shook his head and said,"Y/N, you did not deserve that, and I understand how you feel. You were trying to protect him from getting involved, but somethings you cannot control. Chris was wrong for keeping that from you, but he may have done it to keep you from getting involved, too. You never know..."

  I nodded and asked Bruce,"Where is all of this coming from? Do you have secrets, too, Bruce Wayne?"

  Bruce looked at me for a moment, before he said,"We all do, Y/N, but I have secrets I keep inside, too. Would you like to hear one?"

  I smiled saying,"I would, but that is up to you to tell me. You do not have to."

  Bruce shook his head and held out his hand, before I slowly put mine in his. With my hand in his own, he led me downstairs and past the kitchen where Alfred was.
  Alfred noticed and looked at me, but I was really curious as to where Bruce was leading me.

  Before Bruce could lead me anywhere, Alfred said,"Master Bruce, are you sure about this? If you are thinking what I think you are thinking this very moment."

  Bruce looked at me, then back at Alfred saying,"Alfred, I trust her, and I know she can keep a secret. Plus, I owe her for that article she wrote about me."

  I smiled at Bruce going through with showing me the secret. Alfred just nodded and sent me a smile, before Bruce and I made it to a clock.
  I looked at Bruce confused, but Bruce moved the clock out of the way and led me down a flight of stairs. I noticed we were now in a cave, before I looked around and realized where we were.

  I immediately smiled and noticed the Batman suit in a case, then Bruce let go of my hand and said,"This is my biggest secret, and I am trusting you with it. I don't know why or why I shouldn't tell you, but I feel like you have earned it. I know we are still trying to understand each other, but there is a reason I let you down here. I need guidance, Y/N, and I feel like I can get that from you. I am not saying to tell you to work for me, but to be here for me. You are special, Y/N, and I..I want you to be a part of this."

  I smiled at Bruce and hugged him, before he hugged back and I slowly pulled away from the hug saying,"I can and I will be here for you, Bruce. I know this is a secret I cannot share or tell, but this can come a long way in my articles on Batman and his latest missions. I think I have thanked you too many times already, but I am really cherishing this moment right now. Thank you."

  Bruce laughed and kissed my cheek, before I blushed and looked down.

  Bruce lifted my chin and said,"I would love to maybe take you out sometime, but I am not sure you will say yes."

  I playfully rolled my eyes and said,"Bruce Thomas Wayne, I would be honored to go out with you sometime for lunch."

  Bruce smiled and kissed my forehead, before I asked him,"Can I drive the Batmobile?"

  Bruce laughed saying,"No, but I can walk you to your room."

  I sighed and pouted, before Bruce walked me to my room. I immediately shut the door in his face. I heard Bruce laugh on the other end, before I just smiled and got ready for bed.
  As I did, I laid down on my bed and thought about the whole thing with Chris. I felt bad, but I was really thinking about Bruce being Batman.