chapter 9

Finally it's Halloween!! The day I finally get to see my family again!  Bentley came up with a brilliant plan.  We're gonna go trick-or-treating around my neighborhood so when we get to my house, we'll seem like ordinary kids.  I'll be wearing a mask, and when my mother hands us the candy, I'll take my mask off and surprise her!  My family will be so thrilled to see me.  I'm counting down the minutes.  I want to go now,but Bentley has some royal stuff to do first.  In exactly 2 hours we'll be leaving.  I already put on my costume.  It looked great except for the length.  Ugghh I hate Bentley for this. I seiously look like a slut.  If it were just a bit longer, then I'd love it.

'For the last time, you do not, I repeat DO NOT look like a slut.  You look amazing, sweetheart.'  Bentley said through my mind.

'ughhh  I shouldve picked Dr. Franknfurter as your costume.  Oh well. There's always next year'  I thought back.  Dr. Franknfurter from The Rcoky Hooror Picture Show is a transvestite incase you didnt know.  Bentley wouldve looked good in womens clothes...hahaha!

'Dont you dare.' Bentley warned me.

'We'll see' 

2 Hours later...

Yes!!!! We're finally back in the mortal world.  We've been to 15 houses so far and we already have a ton of candy.  I love Bentley's plan.  I get to see my family AND I get candy.  This day couldnt get any better.  We're finally in front of my house.  Bentley took my hand in his and looked at me with loving eyes.   I smiled like an idiot...I couldnt help i.  I was just so excited!!! 

"Are you ready,  darling?" Bentley asked.

I nodded my head yes, not able to speak.  I took a deep breath, put my mask on, and we both walked up to the door.  Bentley rang the doorbell and about 5 seconds later my mother answered the door.

"Trick-or-treat!"  Me and Bentley said in unison.

My mother put the candy in our pillow cases we used as bags and smiled.  "Your costumes look amazing."

"Thank you." Bentley replied.

"Well enjoy the rest of your night." My mother replied.

"Oh we will.  And so will you after I give you your treat." Bentley said mysteriously.  My mother's face fell and her eyes widened.  She was scared to death.  I dont blame her.  They way Bentley said that, made him sound like he was going to murder her.

"Bentley! Dont scare my mother like that!" I scoldd him.  He gave me an apolegetic look and said sorry through my mind.  I looked at my mother and she was looking at me, confused.  I took off my mask and she gasped.  "Hey mom." 

I smile grew on my mother's face.  "Bridget?  Is that really you?" 

"Yeah." I said starting to cry.  "It's me."   We both hugged eachother tightly and started sobbing.  "Oh mom.  I've missed you so much." 

"I've missed you too sweety." She let go of me and we both wiped out tears away.  My mother looked me up and down.  "Oh my god.  I cant believe it's really you."

"Well believe it.  Where's dad and Lisa? Are they out trick-or-treating?"

"No.  Lisa is in her room watching Halloweentown and your father is downstairs watching Ghost Hunters Live.  Your sister didnt want to go this year.  It reminds her of you and how you two used to go trick-or-treating together each year." My mother explained.

"Well the night's still young.  Maybe she'll want to go now?" 

"Oh she'll defenitly want to go now.  Bridget, I cant believe your really back!  I  missed you more than anything."