Chapter one

The first and original Unknown Intentions.

The raid would begin at sundown, and the Konoha ANBU were waiting. Godaime Hokage, Tsunade-sama, had received word of a rogue medical ninja with a previous connection to Orochimaru. According to the plan, the ANBU black ops were to invade his lab and capture the man, alive. The leader, perched in a nearby tree, looked at the sky. Ten minutes and the signal to move would be given, all the man had to do was wait. And wait he would do, until he heard a rather large crash. The man they were after was trying to escape through the woods ahead of him. The ANBU's hand shot up, and he pointed it toward a small rock crevice, the entrance. Half of his team were already inside, while he and the rest chased after the rouge.

The Godaime Hokage, strongest ninja of Konohagakure, was asleep. A light tinge of pink on her cheeks from the sake she had ingested when her assistant, Shizune, was no longer looking. A poke was administered to her shoulder as someone tried to wake her. Tsunade stirred, then sat up quickly.
"Tsunade-sama, the ANBU you sent have returned. They say it's urgent." Shizune said, holding the pig named Ton Ton in her arms.
"Send them in." replied the Hokage quickly. Within the second, seven ANBU appeared out of thin air all bowing on one knee. After a pause, the team captain spoke.
"Hokage-sama, we found something that you might want to see." He said, motioning to another ANBU behind him. A woman ANBU stood, and handed the leader a small object wrapped in white cloth. This object was placed on the desk before the leader concluded the outcome of their mission.
"The mission was successful, the man in custody and ready for questioning."
Tsunade nodded, and the ANBU were gone. There was a pause, and Tsunade stood to look out the office window over Konohagakure. Shizune set the pig on the ground before going to see what the ANBU had found, now sitting motionless on the desk.
A gasp escaped both women as a cry filled the room. The white cloth fell flat over the flat surface of the wood as a small body squirmed on top of it. There, looking across the room, was a child. It was a boy, and it had two whisker marks on its cheeks almost identical to Uzumaki Naruto's three, and on top of its small head was a tuft of dark, blood red hair. Tsunade met it's small, thin, bright blue eyes and felt lightheaded. They were the picture of Naruto's expressive eyes, and even she could tell the child was rather curious of what was going on. Shizune spoke first;
"Tsunade-sama... could this be... How old is he?"
Tsunade only stared a moment before taking the child and rushing out of the office and down the hall. Shizune followed behind, sending a apologetic look to all who were shoved forcefully out of the Hokage's way. Tsunade turned and strode into the library and set the child down before selecting a book and slamming it roughly against the table. The book was opened and roughly scanned before Tsunade stopped and read the page carefully.

The next four hours were passed in the library, paying no attention to the child laying quietly on the table. Tsunade stood and cracked her aching neck, closing the book she had been reading. She put the book back on the shelf and went to wake the now sleeping Shizune.
"Shizune, wake up. Bring the kid." was all she said before striding out into the hall. It was now early morning and she hadn't slept a wink. A yawn was suppressed as she strode out into the cold air, Shizune following close behind. They walked down to the hospital and went inside, ignoring all the looks they received from those still there. The Hokage then walked straight into one of the operating rooms and closed the door behind Shizune. The red light above the door lit and Tsunade took the child and laid him on the floor. Quickly, she began to examine the boy's body. He was a little thin, and he was much too quiet for a baby. Turning him on his side, she pressed her fingers to his ribs. He giggled and wriggle, a smile on his face. A smile that had more teeth than Tsunade had suspected. The child already had all his teeth, except his canines and second molars. She had thought he was barely ten months, but it seems that this child was over a year old. She felt it's head, running her fingers through the already long red hair. His skull wasn't soft in any areas. She felt his spine, nothing abnormal. His legs were fine, his feet as well. All in all, there was nothing abnormal about him other than how quiet he was and how he looked so similar to Konoha's number one noisy ninja, Uzumaki Naruto.

"Tsunade-Baachan!"

Speak of the devil, what the hell was he doing here? She looked up, attention off the child for only a few moments when it finally began to cry. Damn, it had to be then. The door to the operating room burst open to revealing an orange and black clad blonde ready to punch the first thing to move.
"I heard a noise-ttebyo." He stated, searching the room. His eye's landed on the child, and it stopped crying.
"Naruto, what are you doing here?" Tsunade asked. Naruto ignored her, instead slowly stepping toward the boy. The toddler watched him quietly. Now standing over the child, Naruto reached down to pick him up when he was sent flying across the room and into the far wall. Blood escaped his lips and he let out a strangled cry as he hit the floor.
"The hell was that for, Baachan!?" He cried.
"You should know better than to barge into an operating room when there are people inside. Think of what could have happened for once! If that child or I had an illness, you would have gotten it too!" Tsunade scolded loudly. Naruto stood and wiped the blood off his lip and chin.
"Baachan... Where did you get that baby-ttebyo?" He asked quietly. Tsunade scoffed.
"Why? Afraid it's yours?" She snapped. Naruto shook his head, unusually calm.
"No, I know it's not mine... But it looks..." He paused, seeming to remember something.
"It looks like you? Yes, I've noticed."
Naruto shook his head again.
"It looks...like..."
Tsunade paused, looking back at the child on the floor. Her lips curved down into a frown and she clicked her tongue, putting her thumbnail in her mouth. Naruto, Shizune and the child watched her.
"Shizune, get him out of here."
Naruto's eye's opened wide and Shizune nodded. Before he even had time to ask why, the blonde was dragged from the room and told to stay until Tsunade was finished. The boy still felt uncomfortable with the situation as he watched Shizune return to the room.

An hour later, Naruto was woken by Tsunade's quick strides as she left the hospital. Shizune followed with a rather dumbstruck look on her face and Naruto trailed behind the two as Tsunade made her way to the base of the messaging center. She climbed the steps, motioning for Naruto and Shizune to stay where they were while she went inside with the birds. Naruto watched until she was no longer in sight before he turned to Shizune and the child, who had begun to cry. Shizune was rocking him back and forth, trying to calm him down. Naruto put a hand on her arm and she stopped to look at him. Slowly, he took the boy and held him against his chest, supporting it with his arms and nestling the baby's head into the crook of his neck to provide heat. The boy stopped crying and let out a happy gurgle into Naruto's jacket. Shizune watched all this with a look of disbelief.
"How will he be taken care of, dattebyo?" Naruto asked, breaking the silence. Shizune looked up.
"That's what Tsunade-sama is taking care of now..." She replied without thinking.
Naruto nodded, absently bouncing the child resting on his chest. The boy giggled, and both Shizune and Naruto smiled before the child was torn from his hands.

Naruto spun around and reached for whoever had taken the baby from him, ready to kill.
"Whoa there, it's me!" Kiba exclaimed, one hand up as Naruto gripped his neck. Naruto didn't let go, instead tightening his hold and reaching his other hand out for the boy. Kiba gave him a strange look, then handed the child back. Naruto let him go, and returned the boy to his former place on his chest. Kiba rubbed his neck, and spat to the side.
"The hell was that for?" He asked. Naruto ignored the question and changed the subject.
"Where's Akamaru-ttebyo?"
Kiba sighed.
"He's with my sister for the day, she said she needed him..." He said, pouting. Naruto nodded and went back to bouncing the baby.
"Kiba-kun, what are you doing out so early?" Tsunade asked, coming down the stairs. Kiba turned to her and grinned.
"I come out early sometimes to train, but since Akamaru isn't here, I'm just taking a walk.
Tsunade nodded, then waved her hand at Shizune and walked away.