Chapter 11

There is a rewrite called; "Embers of a Burning Sky" on Fanfiction. The plot has been changed and story updated. It's still in progress though.

Naruto arrived in Sunagakure around midnight, and immediately set off for the hospital. Jumping from roof to roof, the blonde made his way toward the chakra he knew was Gaara's as fast as he could. The possibility of Gaara wanting to see him had been slowly eating at him the entire trip. He had pretty much left Gaara to go and look for Sasuke, someone who had tried to kill him. Granted, Gaara had tried to kill him at one point, but at the time it had been his mission... sort of. He hoped against all odds that Gaara wasn't too angry with him. He had the right to be very angry, but Naruto did not want to be shut out by Gaara. Just being ignored for an hour or two had ripped his heart in two... to go through that again, knowing you deserved it... that was something Naruto didn't want to endure.

To say Gaara was surprised when Naruto showed up on his window sill, was an understatement. When he registered chakra being that close, he didn't care to find out if he knew the person, he just attacked. A large sand arm reached out to crush the ninjas, but stopped as soon as they spoke;
"Gaara?"
The sand arm melted and landed on the floor, still.
"N-Naruto…" He responded, tears were at the edge of his eyes but he didn't care. Naruto was here with him again.
"Gaara… can you ever forgive me?"
There was no verbal response. Instead the orange clad ninja found himself being embraced in a hug. He looked down and saw a tuft of blood red hair, and felt the long fingers fist in the back of his jacket. Gaara was hugging him! Gently, Naruto placed his arms around the older boy and rested his head in his hair.
"I'm sorry Gaara. I know I shouldn't have gone. I know Sakura's just a selfish bitch, I know… I knew but… I still went."
"Naruto, stop talking. It doesn't matter." Gaara said quietly. Naruto obeyed.

A cry alerted the two to Nara, who had been previously sleeping. Both boys turned around. After a moment, Gaara stepped away from the window and sat down on the bed, Nara watching quietly from the foot of the bed. Naruto followed suit and sat next to him.
"Gaara… I…"
"Naruto, you don't need to apologize." Gaara said, closing his eyes and laying down across the bed. His body was now only inches from Naruto's.
"I wasn't… I-…"
Gaara had shifted to his side and was now facing the blonde, and suddenly Naruto couldn't resist. He turned, so he could face Gaara, and gently press his body against the older male's. Gaara squirmed slightly; eye's wide, before Naruto kissed him. The redhead made a whimpering noise before pressing closer and wrapping his arms around the blondes shoulders. After a while, both teens pulled away gasping for breath. Then, without warning, Gaara switched their position and trapped Naruto under himself.

"Uzumaki, you have tested my patience for the final time. If you take this any further, I will never let you leave my sight nor my village."
Naruto smirked and simply leaned up and licked Gaara's bottom lip, teasing him. Gaara's smile soon became slightly possessive as leaned in to kiss Naruto again, when Temari and Kankuro burst in the door.
"Gaara! Naruto's back in the… vill… age." Temari stared at the scene in front of her. Gaara was straddling Naruto on top of the hospital bed while Nara slept soundly at the foot behind them.
"I guess you knew then." Kankuro said, turning around and leaving the room.
"What did you want?" Gaara asked.
"Th-the explosion in the house was caused by a g-gas leak in the kitchen!"
"Ah. So there was no assassin."
"N-no... we don't think so..." said Temari, closing her mouth and bowed before leaving. Gaara turned back to Naruto, who was blushing.
"Now where were we?"

~Fin~