Chapter 3

I went to the nearest bookshop I could see. Books have always calmed me down. I read an unsealed book, romace, and read it silently, passing time. It was good, even if it was kinda old. I walked to the counter and payed for a better copy. Then I walked towards the fountain and waited there, reading the paperback.

It was about a love triangle, as said on the summary at the back. The lead male is torn between two women he love, her past and her future. It was intruiguing to read and fun to imagine. I imagined the scene, in an evergreen mountain far from the city, as the man plays his flute, his past time, a person was coming to see him. It was his childhood friend. 

"Hey Frey!"

I was shocked by Caroline suddenly appearing, breaking my day dream.

"Hey, let's go?"

She nodded and we were off into a coffe shop I know. It was in the farside of the mall, yet the coffee and muffins and pretty much everything is worth the walk.

As we reach the shop, I opened the door for her and ushered her in.

"Ladies first," I said with a matching grin.

"Why, thank you, Mr. Crimson," grinning back at me.

Well, she was gorgeous. Not just gorgeous but drop-dead gorgeous. All of the males' eyes were stucked at her, maybe seeing a goddess descend from heaven. I could only see a hurt girl.

A girl in the counter greeted us.

"Good morning sir. What's your order?"

"Well, I'll have an iced mocha latte and-," I trailed off, looking at her as if asking for her order.

"I'll have cookies and cream shake," she answered

"And a cookies and cream shake. And bacon and cheese pizza, medium sized," and I reached for my wallet.

"Hey, I'll pay mine," she called, opening her purse.

"I'll take it. I've got a score to settle with you ain't I?", I smiled and paid the bill in cold, hard earned cash.

We took our number: 1, and went straight to two sofas facing each other with a table in the middle and became cozy.

"So, Ms. Roxas, will you bother me with your story?" I said, starting right away.

She told her story with a smile, like it was all water below the bridge. Yet still, her eyes reflect sorrow. 

"I met her in my school, Data Linguistics and Industrial Science High," she said.

I was completely surprised.

"You go there? Me too!"

"Quite a happening huh? Well, he approached me first around September. He was really fun to be with, though he was a bit full of himself. It was happy none the less, but he started changing. He suddenly became cold. Uncaring. Then, on December First, he wanted to break up but I kept on him. Then, the next thing I knew was he broke up with me because someone stood up for me," she finished, winking at me.

Suddenly, I wasn't so guilty. The stupid git was full of himself. At least now, Caroline is safe from harm from that git.

"How about you?", she asked, her eyes still sad.

With great timing, the drinks and pizza arrived, cutting the scene. Thank the heavens!

"Let's eat first. I'm starving," I said as I served her a piece and got mine.

"Mmm!! Good stuffing. Like it?"

"It's good! I have to bring my friends here."

"Will you bother inviting me when you do?"

"No problem. You should bring yours, too! Deal?" she asked with twinkling eyes, really expecting.

"Deal. When?"

"I'll just message you or what. Give me your number," she said as she handed her phone to me.

"Wait, me too," and I handed mine to her.

We exchanged numbers in a moment of silence.

"There!" she showed me her contact in my phone. It had her picture and it was named "Sweet Caroline ^.^".

"Do you really name this with all you friends?" I asked, completely intrigued.

"Nope. Just Caroline. You're a special exemption," she winked at me.

I was kinda getting hazy minded.

"Well then, let me have one too," and I changed my name from Frey to "Fiery Frey >:)" and got a picture of my own.

"Fiery Frey, huh? Very hot," she laughed.

"O look at the time, Sweet Caroline, 'Good times never seem so good', huh?"

We laughed and finished the last of our pizza and shakes.

"Well, Frey, I gotta go. I think my mom is waiting for me already."

I looked at the time again: a quarter to eight. I was thirty minutes late for my meet up with Jason.

"Well, me too," I answered none the less as we walked out the door.

"Well, see 'yah!" she smiled and got out from the door going outside and walked away.

"Caroline, huh," I thought and walked out the door going to the mall and went for the arcade on the third floor.