Chapter 2

I just tried to be good and this happened, great. What did I do to deserve this?

"You ruined a relationship, moron", I muttered.

Then I saw a tarouline. Written was:

"Wanted: Santa (help with giving gifts for less fortunate children) Salary: $500"

I was interested. I approached the desk to inquire. There I saw the girl I rescued awhile ago.

"Hi miss. Can I apply for that job?", I asked.

She lifted her head. Her eyes a bit swollen, her expression depressed, and it was because of me.

"Oh, you. Yeah, sure", she managed to say while sniffing.

Then, I noticed a tree full of cards hanging. I grabbed one and it had a picture of a small boy with brown hair that said:

"Name: Grey Thompson"

"What is these for?", I asked her.

"Oh, outreach. My family is helping, too. It's sad to know that some children may not receive presents this Christmas."

That hit me hard. Here I was, crying my eyes off while another soul has a bigger problem than I.

"I wanna help", I told her.

"You sure?", she asked.

"Yep. Why?"

"Well, our donors are not like you, frankly. They're quite, matured in age. Around 30's. Are you really like this?"

"Huh? Me? Why?"

"First you help a girl from her boyfriend who was just talking with her then help a cause suddenly?"

"Sorry about that. But she wasn't talking with you. Your arm was turning purple so I taught I'd help. But, well, probably I'm not like this often. I'm like you, broke up just before Christmas."

She turned red. "Ow, sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I'm Caroline, Caroline Roxas."

"Well, hi Caroline. I'm Frey Deon Crimson. When will you be out?"

"Me? Around fifteen minutes. Why?"

"I taught you might want to have a drink or something. We can talk about a few things, you know, being at the same boat."

"Thanks. Meet you near the fountain then, Frey."

"Sure. See 'yah, Caroline. Don't cry without me, 'kay?"

She smiled, and I was off to kill fifteen minutes.