Simply Complicated

Waking up is one of the things I hated these days. But still, I prefer them than watching an endless loop of events going in my mind, it was nightmare.

I was suddenly back there, standing in a not-so-deserted hallway of our school, when suddenly a goddess descended from the stairs. Blonde, beautiful, graceful, a good figure and, did I metion she was kind? There was Lia, my girlfriend. Well, in that time frame. Everything is going to be a lot worse. We only started dating 3 months ago, around September. It was the first week of December, much less the first day.

"Hey Frey," I could still recall her say in her sweet angelic voice, "don't you think it's finally time we take different roads?"

"Frey!!"

There were thunderring knocks against my bedroom door. 

"Christmas is coming, you've been knocked up there for two weaks straight. School-home-room routine is not good for you!"

You just heard my lovely LITTLE sister, Jane. Two weeks, just two weeks, and they expect me to be up and good to go like a person who knows where can? Sure.

I opened the door, "What do you need J?"

"You told me you would help decorate the tree with me. No one can reach the top Frey, well except Dad, which is no one since he's out of town."

"Right, forgot it. Where are the freaking balls?"

"Right under the tree."

What she meant the I would HELP her decorate the tree meant that I would decorate it ALONE. 

"Great sister, anyone want a swap?", I muttered.

"Sure thing, pal. I'll bring mine over."

Startling, Jason appeared out of no where.

"Stop doing that or I might believe you to be a descendant of Harry Potter or something."

"Cool dude, at least I want the scar. And the wand. And the Invisibility Cloak. And the flying car. And the-"

"Ok, ok, ok. I get it. And he doesn't own the car. Weasley's property, stupid."

He smiled at me like impressed or what. He got to know that I know the series by heart, as Hermione said so. So is Percy Jackson, The Alchemyst, Fablehaven and anything I could read. I remembered the day he told me to read a magazing of his, Playboy, and I couln't remove the pictures and the words out of my head for months.

"Hey, wanna go to the mall or something?"

It is rare for him to want to go to the mall, much less with me.

"Nah, I miss my bed a lot."

"But it doesn't miss you, honey. Shower and get dressed willingly if you don't want me doing it for you.", a voice called from the kitchen. Mom is obviously eavesdropping.

"Ok, ok. You win."

Another grin came from the stupid face of his. 

Another fifteen minutes and I was up and dressed in a blue winter coat over a gray polo shirt, jeans and my casual red sneakers.

"Bye, Mom."

"Be careful!", she called from the kitchen.

"Bye Frey!", Jane said.

As we climed into Jason's truck, he said.

"So about the sister swap-"

"Shut up. I prefer mine than yours, thank goodness."

His sister makes Jane tame, which she is actually. Jason's big sister was a lot worse.

"Glad to have you back. But your sis is kinda cute. I think she'll grow beautiful when she's our age."

"Ok, old man. We're sixteen, she's twelve. Stop or I'll break your nose, you pedophile."

We drived in silence, listening to the station playing Jason Derulo's song "Don't Wanna Go Home". Kinda ironic, really.

As we parked and entered the mall, Jason looked at me.

"Go brother, be reborn from your ashes like a pheonix of Dumbledore or something. Meet you in front of the arcade by seven quarter."

"Got it", I answered and he was gone with the wind.

I walked silently. It was a bad idea going with him. I passed by couples holding hands, eating in restaurants and doing whatever things he cannot do. He saw an old couple, gone with their age, gray-haired and all and he imagined himself and Lia, getting married, having children of their own and growing old together.

He kicked the idea out. It was making him bitter. That was when he saw a boy, probably a teen, harrassing a girl, maybe her girlfriend. He held her on the wrist with so much force that it was turning purple. What world, here is a guy who hurts girls with a girlfriend when he, who is gentle, had none. The world sure isn't fair.

He stepped in the fight and grabbed the man's hand. "Stop it. She's hurt"

"Go away, This is between the two of us."

"She's getting hurt-"

He grabbed my shirt by the collar, "You don't care."

I did one reasonable thing, I pushed him away. I recognized him, Brian James of the Basketball team of his school, great. 

He stumbled and pointed at the girl, "This is completely over. Good bye", and he walked out.

The girl started to cry.

"Hey, settle down, you deserve better."

"You don't know anything!", she shouted and walked away.

I was left their, stunned, and stared at by the crowd.