Follow The Rain

❝ Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved. ❞

- Winnie the Pooh

🌠

S Y N O P S I S

Kayla Hayes is alone. Never before has she felt a pain like this. As a young child, Kayla had always believed that life was unfair but she'd never imagined that fate would take her twin sister, Camryn, away from her. Baffled at her loss, Kayla struggles to rationalise the situation. But after Kayla suffers a tragic accident in which she loses something that cannot be replaced, she searches for comfort and finds it - first in the wrong place and then in what seems like the right. Her best friend, Matthew.

Both suffering problems of their own, Kayla and Matthew realise that life is so much more immeasurable than their four-year old minds could have ever comprehended when they met for the first time.

So is it possible that life without Camryn could be survivable? Could redemption from such pain exist?

N O T E

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Even though I try to use correct grammar and spelling, there may be errors in my text. Feel free to point them out (this excludes differences in spelling between countries).

This story contains mentions and/or descriptions of depression, suicide and addiction. These are strong themes in this story, so if this is triggering or makes you uncomfortable, maybe go ahead and read something else. I wouldn't want my story to have a negative effect on anyone.

This is a slow-moving story that focuses on Kayla's journey through loss. Emotion is emphasised and the process of healing mentally is my main objective for my characters. If you like action, cliches, high school drama or scandal, this book is very different and might be challenging for you to read. However, it does include some romance so read on if that is what will make this story yours.

A playlist of all songs used will be posted at the end of the story. These songs are chosen to suit each chapter and listen in if you want the full experience or maybe just want to hear some music you haven't come across before.

Lastly, I hope you enjoy reading! I'm glad that you happened to click on my story and hope that you will enjoy it and read past the first few chapters.

x salmonskinroll

D E D I C A T I O N

For those who seek comfort in words, I hope my writing helps the slightest bit.

🌠

C O P Y R I G H T

© 2016 salmonskinroll
All Rights Reserved.

T I M E L I N E

Started (writing): October 2014

Started (posting): 9 April 2016

Finished: 21 August 2016

Self-published: 5 April 2017