4. Unexpected Life Detours 2/2

Hi! Second part cause last one was getting to freakin long. I mean sheesh! Six pages!?! Holy mother of demonic chihuahuas!!!

(shutting up now...

*°*~*°*~*°*~*°*~*°*~*°*~*°*~*°~

    I made a dash into the woods in the opposite direction. My heart beat thundering in my chest, adrenaline surging through me. Even with the extra boost, I was no march for her. I didn't go far before a huge force crashed into my back, knocking the breath out of my lungs.

     I crumble, landing face first into the undergrowth of the woods, covered with leaves and soil. I whip around to have her dive onto me, clawing at my face and hair.

    My piercing scream fills the air as I kick and claw, trying to get her off me.

"Shut up, you stupid b!tch!" She yelled picking me up like a rag doll, then slamming me back down. Gasping as the back of my head collided with the ground. The impact had my vision dancing with dark spots as pain shot through my brain.

     I barely had time to recover before a hand grasped my shirt again. Soon I was airborne again and slammed against the thick trunk of a tree. There's a sharp ringing sound echoing in my ears as the metallic taste of blood, filled my mouth. I crumble down to my feet as jolts of excruciating pain pulse throughout my body. A sound like 'gucgh' chokes from my thought as her hand closed around my windpipe, blocking the floor of oxygen.

The image of her towering, a mere breath over me had a new wave of nausea rolling up my throat. The horrid stench whipping off her face was enough to knock out even Batista in one blow. I let loose another scream clawing at her hand with my nails.

     "So pretty." She crackled red eyes flashing wide, a psychotic grin that didn't look right with her half bettered face. "That's what he tells you doesn't he. And like every other b!tch before you, you fall for the same sweet words." she let's loose a high pitched sound that sounded like a cross between a shriek and a laugh. 

A choked sob left my throat as tears threatened to block my vision.

   Oh please god, Buddah, freakin Zues, whomever is up there. Get me the hell out off here! I'll be nicer to Phoenix even after all the shit he puts me through. I'll start calling Aunt Clarita even if she is always rude and a secret witch. I'll start going to church, or temple, or wherever. Just please, Jesus, Allah get her away from me.

     She flashed shark like teeth, making a dive for me. Then everything drags out into slow motion. I feel the faint graze of her teeth and breath against my jaw, before her entire frame was ripped of me. Sent crashing through a tree on the other side of the clearing. She got up with a limp, hissing at me before making a dash into the woods.

     Standing in her place was Tristan. Except not the one I knew and grew up with.

      This man looked dangerous. Rippling muscles, stood tense and his jaw clenched shut. His chest heaving up and down as he breathed through slightly parted lips. His entire frame, from his clenched fist to the regid position he was standing at was quivering with raw rage.

   But what had me shrinking back was the war raging in his eyes. Between him and something...darker. His eyes flash down to mine and I slowly see the Tristan I knew and grew up with slowly start returning.

     My head bends over as I wheeze in a gulp of sweet oxygen. Coughing at the sudden intrusion. My brain crammed with unanswered questions.

      What seamed like moments later, he was back. Looking more tamed and like the boy I knew.

"Carriel I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"  He leaned down his hand reaching for mine.

   I instantly jump away a whimper leaving my lips. His hand froze as a flash of pain ran through his eyes.

     Common sense was telling me to get the hell away from him. This wasn't Tristan. Not the Tristan, which I grew up with. Tristan didn't step into raging flames or move so fast it looked like he appeared and disappeared moments later.

Tristan didn't snap off my seat belt, pulling me out of a car then taking me ten feet away in less than a second. Tristan didn't grab a girl and chunk her through trees. He didn't have a raging darkness within him that threatened to overcome his sanity. Neither was he void of any emotion.

Tristan was the 'puta' next door who's soul purpose was to make my life a living nightmare. The menace that would never leave me alone no matter how much I threaten his existence. The arrogant jerk, who couldn't ever be seen at school without some blonde by his side.

     And yet with all that had happened today, I still let him pick me up taking me into his arms. I allow myself to wrap my hands around his neck, pulling him closer. I let myself to bury my face into his shirt, finally letting the tears fall.

Not caring if I was shaking, my entire frame quivering like I was in an earthquake. Or that I could barely hear Tristans reassuring voice over the loud thumping of my heart in my ears as my eyes kept streaming giant globs into his shirt.

At that moment, I was overwhelmed and hearting. My brain was still in major dismay and I couldn't process anything. I just wanted to be comforted. To be told everything was going to be okay.

Even if it was a lie and I knew what I'd seen-the image of that monster from earlier-would be forever carved into my mind.

Forever altering my vision of the world. Opening my eyes, to the hidden secrets that lay underneath our feet. 

**°**~~**°**~~**°**~~**°**~~**°**~~**°**~**°**~~**°

(sorry, no heated scenes in this chap. Will be in next though. *Wink* *Wink*)

Comment!!

and

Vote!!!!

                        Thank you.