Chapter 46 - "We would still be okay."

Gif of Niall.

--------------------------------

Question for this chapter: Ever been in love?

Author's answer: Yes.

-

Previously in chapter 45:
"You know what? Feel free to leave. Don't even forgive her for lying to you. Move on with your stupid lives and forget about her existence. Once she learns how to love herself, she's going to realise how fake all of you are. She's going to realise she's much better off without you. And I'm going to be there with her, every step of the way, to make sure she doesn't run back to you. Because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she hung out with people like you four. So goodbye, from me and Olivia."

I turned my back towards them and headed back to the house. I was so furious I needed to hit something. Maybe Franklin has a punching bag in the basement or something.

I opened the front door to their house and slammed it shut behind me. I heard Olivia's voice in the kitchen and headed that way. I froze in my steps when I saw Zara sitting in the kitchen as well.

She never left?

"Those are not your friends anymore." I stated and pulled out the chair next to Franklin.

"What, why?" Olivia questioned.

"They're just a bunch of drama queens, and if you heard the things they said about you, you would understand."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Olivia's point of view

I slowly nodded and turned back to Zara to continue my story. But she just stared at Niall with a big frown on her face.

"Zara?" I asked.

She looked at me, before glancing back at Niall. I followed her eyes and he looked at her with the same frown on his face.

"What's your problem?" He muttered, reaching for an apple.

"Jake told me."

Niall froze in his actions.

"He didn't mean to, but he told me." She continued, and now it was my turn to frown.

What is she talking about?

"Should I tell her or do you want to tell her yourself?"

Niall didn't respond and I made eye contact with Franklin, who gave me the same confused look as I gave him.

"No, you know what? I'm not going to tell her. I don't want to be the one to ruin your relationship."

I turned to Niall.

"What is she talking about?" I asked him.

He looked at her for a few more moments before he turned to me.

"I need to tell you something, but in private."

After his words, a weird feeling appeared in my stomach as I watched him get up from his seat. He left the room and I looked at Zara.

"Go. We're in here when you need us." She said, nodding towards Franklin, who was still very confused.

I slowly left the room and went outside. Niall was sitting on the stairs, staring out in the yard. I sat down next to him, feeling anxiety building up inside me.

"Please Niall, tell me everything is okay."

He glanced at me, and for a second there it looked like he was about to cry, which made this even worse.