Chapter 16 - "Everyone makes mistakes."

Picture of Mrs Crawford, Olivia's mom.

-----------------------------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, whether you celebrated it or not. And Happy Birthday (a couple of days late) Louis!

I normally update every Monday, and it's only Friday but whatever, it's Christmas! So here's my gift to you. And I'm almost at 1k reads so thank you so so much!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 Niall's point of view

I watched Riley go for the goal. I slowed down and stopped running, since it was impossible for me to save his sorry ass anyway. He wasn't good enough as a player to be under pressure. It's his first game and everyone is looking at him at this very moment.

He kicked the ball and I couldn't help but wish for him to actually get it in. But the goalkeeper caught the ball, Riley fell down to his knees and everyone on the bleacher behind me started hollering. The opposite team started celebrating their victory and I saw how coach threw his notepad to the ground.

Riley you dipshit

My eyes darted towards our bleacher. Everyone who was here to support us was now completely numb. Around me my teammates either left the pitch right away or started cursing out loud. I ran my fingers through my hair and felt the frustration bubbling inside of me.

Of course it was Riley who were the one to make us lose. Of course it was him who let everyone down.

Could this day get any worse?

I punched out in thin air and tugged at my hair meanwhile heading towards coach. Jake came up to me, telling me that we'll get another shot next month, but I ignored him.

"He needs more coaching." I muttered as I picked up my bag and Adidas jumper from the bench.

"Maybe this wouldn't have happened if you arrived in time." Coach Adams snapped back.

"So you're blaming me for Riley's lack of knowledge and skills?"

"You're the team captain, Niall." He sighed. "You weren't here for the pep talk."

"Whatever." I mumbled and headed towards the locker room, with Tyler rushing after me.

I kicked off my shoes as soon as I stepped into the locker room, throwing my jumper on the nearest bench and let my bag hit the ground. I sat down on the bench, placed my elbows on my knees and leaned my head against my palms.

"Where were you when the game started?" Tyler asked and said goodbye to Matt who were just picking up his stuff and then left the locker room.

"Stuck at the police station." I mumbled.

"Again?" Tyler sighed.

I looked up, seeing him leaning on the wall across from me with his arms crossed.

"My mom is having some fancy dinner tonight with her boyfriend and his kid. I was at the mall with David and-"

"Don't tell me you stole something." Tyler interrupted.

"Listen. We were in "ToysRus" and I found a cool car for Jayden, but I was out of money. When we were leaving the shop, the alarm went off. Apparently the car was lying in my bag, but I didn't put it there, David did. But whom do you think were sent to the police?"

"So you were down at the police station for something David did?" Tyler asked and pulled off his shirt.

"Yeah. I told them I didn't take the toy and eventually they let me go, after seeing the security tape from the shop. I argued with David for a while before I realised the game had started."