Scene One - Opera

We had just stepped into what seemed to be an opera house. And there I though it was just a simple concert room with uncomfortable plastic chairs. But I was surprised by these red tissue chairs. It feels like a theatre. Well I guess this is a theatre. Being this cosy might make people fall asleep. But I don't mind where we are. As long as I'm with her, Michelle. I just wished we would have spent the evening someplace a bit more private though. You can't really talk freely at an opera.

"Well I'd never think I would see so many people here. It seems like there isn't a single seat empty."

Looking to my left, there she is. Forest deep dark green eyes, long and curly black hair and one of those smiles that could just make you melt away. We haven't been dating for so long. This is the third one. But I think I could maybe fall in love with her. Our first date we went to a restaurant and than a movie. Classic. On the second one, she surprised me when we went to Skyventure. I never expected that. It made me wonder what else she could come up with.

And now, here we are, going to a classical-piano-concerto-symphony-concert-thingy. I think this girl will never stop to surprise me.

"Well I always though I was going to go by myself." She said. "I bought those tickets 5 months ago. I never knew why I bought two, but now I'm really glad I did."

Oh my god she's so gorgeous. Especially when she is smiling like that. If only I could pass my fingers on her lips.

"Where are our seats?"

As we make our way up the stairs, I look around to everyone else that came. They sure look a bit older than us. I'm starting to think that we are the youngest people around here. We stop to a row, I look down at my ticket: row 32, seat 26. As I made my way into the row, I looked at the stage on my left. Wow, we're exactly in the middle of the opera room. It's perfect for this kind of concert. Not too close, nor too far. As I put my purse down, I bump into a very elegant lady.

"Oh sorry"

Everyone is so well dressed, ladies in dark, classy dresses and man in black tuxedo.

"Thank you for telling me to wear a dress that isn't too flashy." I wispered "But why aren't you wearing one?"

She looks at me with smiling eyes and simply answers, "I don't wear dresses." And then sits down.

I look down at her. She is wearing a red shirt with a black jacket, black pants and a white tie. So sexy.

"Why are you blushing?"

Jumping a bit over myself for thinking about it. I sit down quickly. Now I feel embarrassed. Feeling a squeeze on my hand, I turn my head and there she is smiling at me again. The lights start to dimer and she releases my hand. I can only wish she would have kept it this way. The curtains open and we can see at least 50 musicians on the stage. Do they need so many people for an orchestra I wonder.

The music slowly started to fill the room. Everyone is so silent, watching the musicians play the melody. I look down at the concert planning. There were only ten songs on the list. But knowing classical music each song must be at least 15 minutes long. Well I better start to enjoy them right away, because I would find the time quite long.

The first song had just finished. Well at least it's good. But hearing the same thing for 20 minutes made the time pass really slowly. I turned my head to the right to look if she was enjoying herself. Her eyes are closed! I'm trying to stay awake for her and she's sleeping! I look around to see if anybody else saw that she's sleeping. Everyone seems envelopped by the music. I turn back to face her and as I raise my hand to shake her I stopped midway. I looked down at her hands. They were moving. Probably to follow the melody. I stared at her for a minute. I guess she doesn't like to watch but only listen. She looked so peacefull, so pretty.

I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned my head to look behind me. There was a lady looking at me with fiercefull eyes. She made me nervous. Like if she was judging me for staring at Michelle. But how can I not stare at her. She was just so beautifull. Just looking at her made me more relaxed.

I eased myself back into my seat. I was more confortable now. I looked once more at the scene. So many different types of instrument. There were one or two that I had never heard of. The tempo had changed, although I could not figure out if this was the next song or simply a change in the rythm. I continued to listen to the concert with an open mind. I would probably have to dicuss it with Michelle afterwards.