Scene Four - Temptation

We pulled into the parking lot of a huge building. It was probably 20 storey high. I waited for Michelle to get out of the car before I did so myself.

"This is where you live?" I asked, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, I'm on the fourteenth floor. Some people think that it's too high, but I really enjoy the view."

We walked towards her building, she was walking in front of me when she stopped to turn around towards me and handed out her hand to take mine. I smiled and gladly walked towards her to hold her hand.

Going up the front steps I got really nervous. I was finally going to her place. Somehow I knew exactly what was going to happen. At least it had finally stopped raining, so my dress had had time to dry a little. As we entered the building, she stopped to look into her mailbox. I looked around the room in the meantime, it was really large and very clean. It seemed like a building made for people who had money. We walked towards the elevator and almost expected that someone would be standing in it to push the button for the elevator to move.

As the doors opened, I was a little relieved that there was no one in it. Like if it was that really hard to simply push a button. Michelle went in right after and pushed the number 14. The door took a few seconds to close. I leaned against the back wall as I looked to her. She was looking at the numbers on the top of the door going up. She seemed a bit stiff. Like if she hated elevators. Maybe she's claustrophobic. What a bad idea to move to such a high floor.

Then I though that maybe I could help to make her feel more at ease. I just wanted to put my hand on her back and touch her, feel the shape of her shoulder blades, then simply to touch the back of her neck and then going through her hair with the tip of my fingers. My god she had gorgeous hair. I had to stop looking at her. What was it with elevators that made it so hard to control yourself. People always end up kissing in movies when they are in an elevator.

I was just starting to learn why it was so hard to keep control in it. A convinced space, just the person standing next to you to look at. It was such a tease, then there was a ring to signal that we had reached the fourteenth floor. She turned to me to take my hand and we walked out of the elevator. She reached into her pocket and took out her keys.

As I walked into her appartment, which I though it was. I soon realized it was a huge open spaced loft. The walls were made of bricks, which gave it a rustic environement. I wasn't expecting that as when we were on the first floor there were no bricks at all.

The couch was on the right facing the TV. Then there was a door that was probably leading to the bathroom. In the far right was probably the bedroom, but there were faded glass windows instead of walls around it. In the back left side of the loft was the kitchen, which was on a lower level than the rest of the loft.

"My god I love this place!" I said

"Yeah, I think I looked at lofts for at least two years before I found the one that was made for me." She replied.

I went next to the bookcase that was near the front door. It was higher than me. There was a mix of movies and books. So many to choose from. I looked back to her and said "Did you watch and read all of these?"

Shaking her head in a negative way she answered: "Nah, well the movies yes, but the books no, there's too many things to do, I don't take the time to read anymore. Which is a shame since I really love stories."

"Wow, you love music, books, movies. Is there anything that you hate?" I asked.

Looking upwards, as she seemed to think it through she said: "I really like anything that is artistic to me, which can actually be anything, from a painting to a movie. But I don't like all of it. There are songs, movies and books I really don't like, even some types of art that I believe is just not art."

"Well everyone has their own taste I guess."

"Yes, that I have to agree."

There was a small moment of silence, where we both just stopped talking and looked at each other. She slowly stepped towards me, looking down, she seemed to be looking at my lips. I got suddently very eager to kiss her. She smiled like if she knew exactly what I was thinking about and leaned in to kiss me.

It was just as sweet as all of the other ones. I put my arms around her neck so that my whole body would be touching hers. I didn't want one bit of me that wasn't pressed against her. I felt like she was probably feeling the same as her arms were around me and she was holding me as if she didn't want me to leave.

After maybe a few minutes, we stopped the embrace to take our breath back. I looked into her eyes, everything about her was beautiful. I didn't want to let go of her. But she eventually stepped away and said:

"My clothes are still a bit wet and it's not really comfortable. So I'm going to go change. Do you want me to take something out for you?"

I touched the bottom of my dress, it was still a bit damped, but it was bearable. "No, I think I will be okay, my dress is kind of thin so it's almost dry. I think I'll stay like this." I answered.

"Prefect. You can sit on the couch in the meantime, I'll be just a minute." She said as she pointed to the couch. I made my way towards it, while she went to the bedroom to change. I wondered what she meant when she said "perfect". Maybe she just really likes when girls wear dresses.

I sat down on the couch when I realised that my underwear hadn't dried and it was really uncomfortable. I didn't really know what to do. I looked towards the bedroom, I could see her reflection taking her shirt off. I wished I would have been in that room at that second.

Shaking my head to get the idea out of it, I decided to take my underwear off to try and dry it really fast. The second my panties were in my hands I realized how I had had a really bad idea. But it was already to late, I saw Michelle get out of the bedroom. Panicking I quickly grabbed my purse and shoved my underwear in it.